Price Check on Colt M16 Uppers

JTinIN

Picked up a few new or nearly new Colt M16 uppers from the Denise Todd a dozen years ago at KCR. Several of them I have never used except to sight in and few are no longer used on the M16A1 (typically shoot the 20" HBAR and one M4 upper).

As I am cleaning out some of the stuff that has not seen the light of days in years, trying to come up with some nominal price range and decide if time to sell or toss back into the back of the shop. Case in point if the Colt A2 upper, great shape and nearly new, but with a lot of worn out USGI surplus / rejects in the market a few years ago, this one maybe be best back in storage. The other ones are a M4 upper (have two), Colt 635 9mm 10.5" A1 upper (this one has been fired some, has a ramped bolt and Colt mags), 7.62x39 HBAR flat top (also have a bunch of fankenstine mags for 7.62x39) and a few more that I have to check on in the next month, take photos and sort through.

Any ideas on where to check or nominal pricing appreciated.

Thanks
John
E-mail JTiXXXnIN@comcast.net
Shoot out the X's

Samuel_Hoggson

Subguns and Sturm NFA parts & accessories boards.

Arfcom has a "retro" M16 forum and a newer retro A2 forum. Guys there seem very aware of deals on Colt uppers as they appear on arfcom EE.

Gunbroker (paying attention only to items with bids).

Sam

JTinIN

Will take a few photos of the Colt 9mm, Cross Fire Mag block, Colt 9mm Mags plus the Colt 7.62x39 HBAR upper and mags, then we can discuss what everyone is interested in. Will hold for both of you until we "talk" after you look at the photos.

JTinIN

Have taken a few photos of the uppers (still have a few oily finger spots on the handguards) and getting to together the various mags and accessories that will be sold separately, unless the first buy wishes a package deal.

Photos of the Colt 7.62x39 HBAR 20" Upper can be viewed at http://www.issmc.com/photos/colt_762x39_upper/

colt_762by39_hbar_upper_rt_side.jpg

Photos of the Colt 635 9mm 10.5" Upper can be viewed at http://www.issmc.com/photos/colt_635_upper/

colt_635_9mm_upper_rt_side.jpg

USSarizona

What's up with this shit?: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=147439 A large segment of the NFA market seems to be inflated somewhat arbitrarily lately.

20k for a used sear (I get it's steel) and a host? It's not like it comes with a Shrike. Maybe this is the same guy setting the gas prices too. For Christ's sake, even Bernanke hasn't popped interest rates yet.

JTinIN

What's up with this shit?: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=147439 A large segment of the NFA market seems to be inflated somewhat arbitrarily lately.

20k for a used sear (I get it's steel) and a host? It's not like it comes with a Shrike. Maybe this is the same guy setting the gas prices too. For Christ's sake, even Bernanke hasn't popped interest rates yet.

The supply of DIAS being offered to the public has nearly dried up, with those being sold going to friends or sold by work of mouth (i.e. the really nice NFA, which a DIAS was not, is sold by direct contact with regular "A" clients (i.e. guys that buy half dozen plus a year including some really nice pieces). Have a couple of the guys that have been trying to pick one up for over a year, but they are not on the "A" client list ;-). While at first pass appears a little high (a Colt M16 is running several grand less on the public market), in particular since a year ago there were a few around for half that, it is a limited market and the price tends to go up with a demand.

All that said, you probably would have been best off to start a new thread on the "The Price of DIAS" vs "borrowing" my thread where I am trying to figure out what a fair price is for a couple of Colt Gray upper. If you wish to start another thread, let me know and will be glad to come over and discuss the price of DIAS with you (FYI don't have a DIAS to go with these uppers ;-(. All that said, will take the free bump for the thread.

Regards
John

Last edited:

USSarizona

All that said, you probably would have been best off to start a new thread on the "The Price of DIAS" vs "borrowing" my thread where I am trying to figure out what a fair price is for a couple of Colt Gray upper. If you wish to start another thread, let me know and will be glad to come over and discuss the price of DIAS with you (FYI don't have a DIAS to go with these uppers ;-(.

Fair enough, see you there.

JTinIN

Thanks for the help, after checking prices and talking with everyone on line and off, have come up with the following pricing for the AR 762x39 items. In appreciation for everyone's long term help, will give Uzi Talk members a 10% discount (i.e. Mags are $45 ea vs $50 etc) and a 3 day review and return (i.e. while the photos should explain most all details, if you are not happy I will refund your money after we discuss the issues and you return all items as received by fully insured USPS Priority mail). I would prefer USPS Money orders.

Colt 7.62x39 A4 HBAR 20" Complete Upper with Sights - Asking $675 plus Shipping and Insurance (last upper shipped by USPS Priority cost just over $30 with insurance).

Pre Ban AR 7.62x39 Franken Mags 30 Rounds - $50 each plus USPS Shipping and Insurance (i.e. may buy any combination of mags)
Can view photos of Franken Mags at http://www.issmc.com/photos/franken_mags/index.html
X3 - 30 round Frankenmag (Lot 1) - With "bullet" follower - SOLD
X3 - 30 round Frankenmag (Lot 2) - With "bullet: follower - One Mag in Lot 2 had the front edge lowered by previous owner, worked when tested but will drop price in this mag by $5
X5 - 30 round Frankenmags (Lot 3) - With dished follower
X2 - 30 round C Products mags - test fires one and worked, second is later purchase and still in the bag.

X1 - Model 1 "NIB" 7.62x39 Bolt (w/o carrier) $54 ($67 at Model 1) plus shipping and insurance if purchase separately

All Federal, State and Local Rules in connection with NFA, high capacity mags and/or machine gun parts must be followed and must be checked by the buyer prior to ordering.

Thanks
John

Last edited:

JTinIN

Thanks for the help, the 9mm upper, mags and accessories have been sold or SPF.

Last edited:

JTinIN

I have PMed Maschinenpistole and Ge-mini-gun that prices were listed for the uppers, just to give them a heads up.

Last edited:

JTinIN

John,

I'm out...really hoping it was an 10.5". Good luck.

Had not seen a Colt 10.5" 7.62x39, only the 16" Carbine and the 20". Thanks for the quick follow up.
I can always include a hacksaw at no charge ;-)

Regards
John

bips357m

Thanks for the help, after checking prices and talking with everyone on line and off, have come up with the following pricing for the AR 762x39 items. In appreciation for everyone's long term help, will give Uzi Talk members a 10% discount (i.e. Mags are $45 ea vs $50 etc) and a 3 day review and return (i.e. while the photos should explain most all details, if you are not happy I will refund your money after we discuss the issues and you return all items as received by fully insured USPS Priority mail). I would prefer USPS Money orders.

Colt 7.62x39 A4 HBAR 20" Complete Upper with Sights - Asking $675 plus Shipping and Insurance (last upper shipped by USPS Priority cost just over $30 with insurance).

Pre Ban AR 7.62x39 Franken Mags 30 Rounds - $50 each plus USPS Shipping and Insurance (i.e. may buy any combination of mags)
Can view photos of Franken Mags at http://www.issmc.com/photos/franken_mags/index.html
X3 - 30 round Frankenmag (Lot 1) - With "bullet" follower
X3 - 30 round Frankenmag (Lot 2) - With "bullet: follower - One Mag in Lot 2 had the front edge lowered by previous owner, worked when tested but will drop price in this mag by $5
X2 - 30 round C Products mags - test fires one and worked, second is later purchase and still in the bag.

X1 - Model 1 "NIB" 7.62x39 Bolt (w/o carrier) $54 ($67 at Model 1) plus shipping and insurance if purchase separately

All Federal, State and Local Rules in connection with NFA, high capacity mags and/or machine gun parts must be followed and must be checked by the buyer prior to ordering.

Thanks
John

Any of the 7.62x39 items still available?

JTinIN

(Link to photos of Colt 7.62x39 A4 HBAR 20" Complete Upper with Sights http://www.issmc.com/photos/colt_762x39_upper/ - added Dec 2012)

X3 - 30 round Frankenmag (Lot 1) - With "bullet" follower - SOLD

Thanks
John

This spring was laid up following foot surgery (did great and have been shooting this summer and fall!) and got some of the stuff cleaned out of the garage that was not using for various reasons, mostly having other toys. However, since then have been busy with a start up company, not sold anything on line, let the mail box run out (well actually the little company closed) and now we have the crazy times before a possible AWB (really hope key word is possible but after watching Fox at work think we are already under the bus ... note one of the guys follows the market and business like I shoot ...). Thus bring us to the point of this post, nearly too late ;-). What is a "reasonable" price for an old guy like me to try and get out of the 7.62x39 upper and mags now days, possible a little more reasonable for me than for the buyer, but not totally crazy either way ... I did buy most items during the last ban, so hoping to get my money back out (which the earlier prices were not the case).

At the moment the upper and mags are not for sale, as trying to figure prices. The old price was $1229 plus shipping and insurance (nominally $50 or a little less).

At the moment trying to come up with a fair price for the mags if sold one each after the holidays.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter