Recent content by texas yankee

1. T

Original Romanian-manufactured Draco C (from 2010) - value ??

I have a Draco C that I purchased new in 2010 from Centerfire - never fired - I'm "thinning the herd" and trying to come up with a value for this gun, given that I don't see many of the original Romanian Draco guns on GB or the other sites - there are plenty of the recent Draco pistols that were...
  2. T

Registered receiver or Lightning Link or something else??

Thanks Chris - with a DIAS or LL, realistically speaking, how much tweaking or gunsmithing or fitting or adjusting would I have to do (or probably pay someone to do, in my situation) to get the device to work reliably in at least one of my Olympic Arms AR lowers?? Assume I get the device...
  3. T

Registered receiver or Lightning Link or something else??

I have three Olympic Arms AR-15s with 9mm, 7.62x39, and 5.56 uppera - they all work fine in semi automatic operation. I'm thinking about getting back into the FA world on an AR platform, and I'm wondering about what which approach would give me a more trouble free FA experience - a registered...
  4. T

Hi - saw your post (http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?67086-AMD-65-gas-tube-cover)...

Hi - saw your post (http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?67086-AMD-65-gas-tube-cover) about modifying an AK gas tube for an AMD-65 so I can put a set of wood furniture on my AMD-65 - "If you don't want to bother please email me and I can do it for you. I have several gas tubes here ready...
  5. T

Looking at UZIs ??

softaildeluxe - yep - problem I have with buying an UZI right now isn't money - it's that I just don't know enough, yet - and I hate spending money on something and finding out that I made a mistake, or even worse, that I got screwed - so I'm here asking for guidance, and like with anything else...
  6. T

Looking at UZIs ??

komodoj - the UZI you referred to would be a 'mini" right??
  7. T

Looking at UZIs ??

Thanks RoverDave - I have a lot of reading and research to do . . . "The stuff priced correctly moves in and out in one day" - one of the challenges I'm facing is that I don't yet have a good understanding of what's a fair price for a given type of UZI - Vector, Group Industries, IMI, etc. -...
  8. T

Looking at UZIs ??

Hi - I recently sold my M11 with the Lage upper - I learned tons of solid information on the M11 forum here, and now I'm considering getting an UZI - I'm reading and researching and trying to educate myself about UZIs and finding that there are a lot of variants and such - from what I think I've...
  9. T

Thanks for the memories . . .

"I used to shoot in my backyard all the time which made it very easy to practice and work out the bugs in whatever mod was happening at the time" - LOL, THAT'S one of the things that used to frustrate me a lot - guys that could walk out on their back porch and shoot - while I had to drive 45...
  10. T

Thanks for the memories . . .

The Form 4 came back from the ATF today (took about 10 months, individual => a trust), and later today I'll be transferring what was previously my M11 over to its new owner. I had very limited options for even a relatively convenient location to shoot the gun, and my ADHD is now driving me on...
  11. T

Future of Trusts for Class 3 transfers?

If ya get the 100% up front, what happens if the deal falls through because of something that happens on their end - they lose their job, the CLEO doesn't sign, divorce, TEOTWAWKI - do you keep all of the money AND the gun, or just give them back the money? I want some consideration for taking...
  12. T

I got about 5 or 6 emails from guys that wanna buy my M11 - regardless of what might or might not happen with new ATF regulations, I'm trying to come up with a fair arrangement for the money end of the transaction - I don't want all of the money for the gun up front - what I do want is some...
  13. T

Transfering for an out of state sale

Because of the uncertainty with the proposed changes to ATF procedures involving trust purchases, my buyer and I have decided to terminate our transaction. The ATF told me yesterday that while the Form 4 for the transfer to my out of state buyer's dealer had gone pending, it'd still be June...
  14. T

I have an M11 and made arrangements to sell it to an out of state individual - before the recent edict from Obama about trusts and Class 3 purchases. I understand that the edict is "pending approval", but my gut tells me that it'll pass into official status. The transfer to the FFL that's...
  15. T

Transfering for an out of state sale

Thanks - I'll use FedEx, overnight and insured, for the receiver - for the other pieces and parts ("machine parts"), I'll use FedEx Ground, insured.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter