Transfering for an out of state sale

texas yankee

I'm in the transfer process (Form 4) selling my gun to an out of state buyer - the transfer is going first to the buyer's FFL, and then another transfer from the FFL to the buyer.

Once I get the Form 4 back from ATF notifying me that the transfer has been approved, how do I get the gun to the buyer's FFL? Can I simply send it via UPS Overnight?

thompson4433

the best way is to send the gun by UPS registered mail.

that way every single person who handles the gun has to sign for it

it's very secure

UZI Talk Life Member
You can send your NFA weapon that is on a form 4 to a out of state SOT without transferring your NFA weapon to a SOT in your state which would then have the weapon on a form 3 for transferring to the out of state SOT?

texas yankee

Thanks guys - I believe that I'll send just the M11 receiver via FedEx as an Overnight Delivery insured for $5,000 to the FFL in the buyer's state - the rest of the parts, pieces, and accesories will go as FedEx ground, insured for $3000.

Appreciate the guidance!

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Any individually owned title two weapon that's registered via a 5320.4, (F-4), can transfer directly to a new owner in the same state without involving an SOT.

If the seller and buyer reside in different states, the firearm must first be transferred using a tax paid 5320.4 (Form 4), to the buyer's SOT. The SOT will then transfer the gun to the buyer using a tax paid 5320.4.

These types of frontside only transfers from an individual to an out of state SOT are running *about* three months.

As was correctly posted by our resident grammar Nazi, shipping machine guns by a non licensed individual should be done using either FedEx or US Mail.
USPS no longer insures machine guns and should be avoided.

texas yankee

Thanks - I'll use FedEx, overnight and insured, for the receiver - for the other pieces and parts ("machine parts"), I'll use FedEx Ground, insured.

texas yankee

Because of the uncertainty with the proposed changes to ATF procedures involving trust purchases, my buyer and I have decided to terminate our transaction. The ATF told me yesterday that while the Form 4 for the transfer to my out of state buyer's dealer had gone pending, it'd still be June before the transfer was approved - who knows how much longer it would have been going to my buyer.

So, my M11 is once again for sale http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?73063-M11-9mm-w\Lage-Upper-and-Lage-22-kit - I'd prefer to sell it as a package deal to a Texas buyer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter