Recent content by y2k87k2000

1. y2k87k2000

Semi auto 9mm ar15 pistol double tapping and stringing

A lighter buffer tube could help it as well
  2. y2k87k2000

Remove a sbr from nfa?

You can also email the atf and state all the information, I emailed my form 4 and Microsoft word document sheet stating what I was doing and got a reply by mail and email in 3 days. Nfamailbox@atf.gov and nfa@atf.gov
  3. y2k87k2000

Bolt issue from ramping

I have 4 buffers, 5.4, 6.5, 6.7 and a custom 8.4 ounces. All of them reform similarly in my semi PCC and FA lower with a Foxtrot arms Glock 9mm upper with the fancy forward charging handle. Rate of fire was about the same. Thanks for the tip about heat treating, I will try that out when I get...
  4. y2k87k2000

Bolt issue from ramping

This is what I got, some scratching further up the new ramp and I removed the material that was in the way of the firing pin
  5. y2k87k2000

Bolt issue from ramping

I recently machined and ramped my bolt and now after test firing some of the bolt material has deformed and is now interfering with the hammer contacting the firing pin and is leaving marks on the bolt itself. Anyone know how to harden the bolt so I can stop this? Thanks!
  6. y2k87k2000

March 23 North TX SMG Match

A good time was had by all, too bad not many people showed up!
  7. y2k87k2000

Uzi 10 Round Mag Extensions?

I have the colt version and it works pretty good.
  8. y2k87k2000

March 3 north tx smg match (make up match)

I will probably be able to make it.
  9. y2k87k2000

Feb. 18th North Texas SMG Match @ TDSA

I wanted to make it in this time, but I can't turn down 5 hours overtime at my payrate! It's been too long since I shot with this great group!
  10. y2k87k2000

M16 9mm issues light primer and hammer

I checked where the bolt was seated, about 1/8 inch forward from the buffer and from the rear of the upper receiver and that explains the light primer strikes. Stripped it down and found the barrel ring was too small from the locking ring and it was truly a free floating barrel. I am awaiting...
  11. y2k87k2000

M16 9mm issues light primer and hammer

I have a registered m16 receiver in 9mm that had minimal issues up until 2 months ago. I have owned it for about 6 years now. The buffer detent has broken 3 times while shooting, light primer strikes and not charging the hammer/loading the next round. The bolt and buffer weight are the heavy...
  12. y2k87k2000

November 5th North TX SMG Match @ TDSA

Will there be any issues at their gate in the morning?
  13. y2k87k2000

North TX SMG match, potential move

It is still a drive, but shaves maybe 5 minutes off the commute.
  14. y2k87k2000

Gemtech GM-9 Uzi Mount or Thread Barrel

I had it both ways with a mini Uzi and gemtech trinity suppressor, the precursor to the multimount, I ended up going with the barrel nut because it was much more secure. It took a good while for me to get the Uzi mount because it was out of stock for so long
  15. y2k87k2000

Hk coming out with SP89 style weapon?

There is something with German export law not allowing exportation and our import laws even with the receivers and I guess they are pushing it and building it here in the states. The pistol is allowed, but not the rifle version with the 86 or 94 law change not being sporting, someone more...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter