Search results

1. J

Tips on building a workbench?

Allow the top of the bench to overhang the front stringer by at least two inches, possibly even more, that way you will have the ability to use a C-clamp to hold objects fast to the top of the bench.
  2. J

Lage Max 10/15 getting stuck on follower

I don't think that potential problem exists here. Since the follower in an empty mag is holding back the bolt, the moment the mag is released won't the bolt immediately slam forward? I have some AK mags, though I don't recall their country of origin, that function this way. LRBHO via the...
  3. J

Lage Max 10/15 getting stuck on follower

Yeah, I would consider a last round bolt hold open to be a feature, not a problem since a quick glance confirms there was no misfire.
  4. J

MAC Reference Material

You got the ball rolling, Remo, by deciding these things needed to be scanned and shared, rather than just tossing these things in the trash bin. Thanks much!
  5. J

MAC Reference Material

Got it. Check for link.
  6. J

MAC Reference Material

Hey Remo, the job is almost complete. I messed up the scan of the large folded Et Cetera piece so I'll have to rescan that this week. For now, I have to figure out how to upload files larger than the Uzitalk's max file size of about 97k. These files are all several MB each. Anyone have a...
  7. J

MAX-11A1/15's are in stock!

Richard, I have to report that I LOVE my MAX-11A1/15! It runs flawlessly. You, Sir, are a genius. Thank you much for your fine, successful efforts.
  8. J

Post yer Maccuracy!

At our club shoots we take several empty three gallon vegetable oil and one gallon milk jugs, knot a couple feet of rope to each handle on one end and a wooden tent stake on the other, and anchor them to the berm at 100 yards. Using my 11/15-a1 with a Trijicon SRO parked on top I can keep a jug...
  9. J

Stolen Transferables??? Anyone ever had one stolen?

The basic homeowner's policies I am familiar with have pretty low limits for firearms and jewelry, which is why I have a rider, which costs a pretty penny. Pretty soon I think my rider will be for more than my homeowner's replacement cost policy.
  10. J

Practical Solutions Experience

Every interaction I've had with Sam and Tina, and Richard and Jackie, have been absolutely first rate. These guys are 100% hands-on problem solvers. They all earn and deserve trust.
  11. J

Stolen Transferables??? Anyone ever had one stolen?

This thread motivates me to reassess my insurance valuations.
  12. J

MAC Reference Material

PM's exchanged. Resources are inbound. Thanks all, and I'll work on availability after I receive and scan the materials.
  13. J

MAC Reference Material

Half an hour and noting in my inbox. Maybe there will be something when I check tomorrow. Gotta sign off now due to an early start tomorrow.
  14. J

MAC Reference Material

I have a really nice scanner at work, handling up to 11x17 sheets, plus I can OCR what I scan. If this fits your bill, PM me.
  15. J

Tips on building a workbench?

The top of the front bench should overhang, or extend beyond, the structural member that supports it. You want a lip that allows you to use a C-clamp to cinch something down to the bench to perform a piece of work.
  16. J

Got my D-60's, what a pain in the azz to load!

To aid with D-60 loading, I am considering getting a Polymer 80 lower and hacking it up a bit (to allow for the flapping feed lip to operate), latch in the D-60, and clamp the other end of the lower in a vise.
  17. J

Best Large RDS sight for Max-11A1/15?

I'll get around to posting pics soon, but I went with a Trijicon SRO mounted flat atop the picatinny rail. Stock is a Magpul CTR on an AR buffer tube. For my pudgy face the combo provides a solid cheek weld, great sight picture, and accurate fire.
  18. J

Your MAX-11A1/15 is ready!

Thanks for your guidance. I opened the brand new mag and dusted its guts with molybdenum disulfide powder. Too many years of experience maintaining things operating in salt water, so I cannot bear to put carbon (graphite) anywhere near aluminum. Galvanic corrosion is an ugly thing. The P-Mags...
  19. J

Your MAX-11A1/15 is ready!

What mags have you been running? PMAGS and 30 round Colt mags have been 100^% reliable in mine, but Beta c-Mags are no go. They cannot keep up with the ROF. The first round fires fine, but the next round noses into the mag tower, seriously setting the bullet back into the case. Anyone else have...
  20. J

Poll: What would you pay for a belt fed?

From my own experience, and from talking with a couple of friends, we noticed that about half of the folks who got on the Lage waiting list for the Lage 5.56 uppers did not purchase. I was number 70-something on the list and my upper S/N is in the 30's.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter