Search results

1. D

Anyone else have a can that is mounted by a barrel nut mount? How is your accuracy?

I have a Bowers CAC9 with the barrel nut mount, and I know a guy who has a can from a different manufacturer with a similar mount. I get mixed results with mine, the accuracy varies a lot from OK to horrible. The other guy just gets horrible accuracy. I kind of suspect that the alignment of...
  2. D

What would be the easiest way to make a dummy display receiver?

The thread title sort of covers things. I want to make a fake UZI to hang on the wall of my office. Like get a skanky old parts kit somewhere and a dummy receiver. Or get the dummy receiver and whatever smattering of parts it needs separately.
  3. D

What do people do with these cut receivers?

So you got 4 chunks of receiver. Now what? https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/DEMILLED-RECEIVER-SET-4-PIECES-IMI-UZI-161p174.htm
  4. D

I loaded 158 grain SWC in 9mm cases and it works ... KIND OF NOT GREAT

I found published load data for 9mm luger 158 lead RN in the Lyman 44th edition (1967) loading manual. So I loaded up some 158 gr LSWC. I used Unique powder. I tried to get them to be just shy of subsonic, but I distinctly heard a supersonic crackle, and they chronographed out to 1116 fps...
  5. D

I throated an UZI barrel in the most BS way possible and it works great.

It occurred to me that the chamber end of a mil-spec UZI SMG barrel is kind of crummy for feeding FP rounds. The "funnel" part is too small. I made some very careful measurements and it turns out that you can open the "funnel" at the breech end of the barrel quite a bit without cutting into...
  6. D

Ever have any problems with non-IMI barrels?

I bought a NIB full auto Vector and had the welds pop and fixed. I sold off the south african bolt and barrel to a collector who wanted them. So now I have a BWE barrel made by ???? who knows, a US Barrel Shrouds "gigantic chamber funnel" barrel made by ???? who knows, and I recently...
  7. D

Have you ever seen receiver wear in your UZI?

There is some slight wear in my vector from the bolt running across the bottom of the receiver. Mostly up front near the trunnion. See photos. I would say the gun has had about 20,000 rounds through it since it was new. What say ye?
  8. D

What are IMI full size SMG barrels selling for now?

If you can find one, what would you expect to pay? say a barrel from a parts kit in "excellent but used" condition
  9. D

Does your FA Oozie ever eat a brass case?

Sometimes my Vector will eat a case and somehow it winds up BEHIND the bolt. So I have to lift the top cover to clear the jam. WTF? seriously. last time, the case mouth bit into the fiber pad on the recoil spring so hard that I had to pry it off how on earth does a case get back there...
  10. D

Any black friday deals out there?

Ammo? Mags? Parts?
  11. D

Does anyone have those long Dutch wood stocks for sale?

I think it's called an IMI type 2. I am tall AF, I need a longer stock. Thanks
  12. D

Does anyone sell factory IMI full size SMG barrels?

I would like to try one on my Vector for accuracy testing. What is considered the best barrel brand for accuracy?
  13. D

You guys ever bench rest your FA UZI? What kind of groups do you get?

I started working on accuracy with my suppressor. I was getting 3" groups at 25 yards by propping on wood blocks. Kind of awkward. What kind of groups have you gotten from your full auto UZI?
  14. D

What parts on you FA UZI have WORN OUT? And at how many rounds?

Everyone keeps asking what spare parts to get. Wouldn't the better question be: what parts have worn out? Here's my list: An extractor lost its "springyness" after 10 years (guessing maybe 10,000 rounds.) Had to be replaced, I might try re-bending it. The recoil spring has defintely taken a...
  15. D

What sling shipped out with your NIB Vector SMG? Also, the trigger guard tag is a mystery.

I have most of the items that shipped out with Vector SMGs when they were first sold. I have: The white cardboard box with the serial number on the end of the box in sharpie. The warranty card. The xeroxed booklet. The bubble wrap. The printed user manual. The 25 round magazine in the little...
  16. D

So what is the deal with UZI mags that are in the little plastic baggie?

I noticed that Vector shipped their SMGs with a 25 IMI mag in a plastic baggie. I recently spotted some for sale from a gun shop in MA. Any idea why they are in the little baggie?
  17. D

Extractor Life Expectancy - FULL AUTO

I had to replace my original extractor after about 10,000 rounds. I wish I had kept a more exact round count. It looks exactly the same as the new one, but the new one definitely fit tighter in its lair in the bolt. I was thinking maybe give it a tiny bend with a lump hammer and a vice and...
  18. D

Anybody have accuracy issues with their suppressor?

I have a bowers CAC with the UZI barrel nut mount on it. It seems to have a really bad effect on accuracy. Like fire a full mag at a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper at 25 yards and have just two or three holes in the paper. when I used to shoot it with my 9mm MAC10, I didn't have this problem. It...
  19. D

9mm empties are just barely dribbling out of my Vector FA. Lots of stovepipe jams. So I smashed it against a tree and it broke apart.

Hi, everyone! I am getting weak extraction from my full size FA vector I tried making my handloads hotter and I tried CCI 147 grain factory ammo. Still getting weak ejection. Made sure my bolt slides freely back and forth. About 0.008 clearance to the top cover. Made sure my bolt is IMI...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter