.308/ 7.62 Mags

Jager

Has anyone else noticed that Blackthorne Products has 25 round .308/ 7.62 Galil mags for $99.00? Does anyone else care?

jetskrtal

UZI Talk Life Member
Jager win's the grand prize!!!!!:buttkick :lol

It's amazing how many of us were buying them and keeping it hush-hush!!!!!:angel

308mags002.jpg

Guess I'd better load up on 'em now that the cats outta the bag!!!

BBQCYCLEWERKES

I noticed this also and ordered 6. Hoping they are orig IMI or IWI products as advertised. Tal: Are the mags as nice as the picture reflects? B.Q.

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
jetskrtal said:
Jager win's the grand prize!!!!!:buttkick :lol

It's amazing how many of us were buying them and keeping it hush-hush!!!!!:angel

308mags002.jpg

Guess I'd better load up on 'em now that the cats outta the bag!!!

:roflmao I was wondering when the news was gonna break.

These mags. probably hit CONUS together with all the Tavor mags.

Last edited:

wellcraft

just ordered 4 mags but was disappointed they have chosen to rape folks on shipping. shipping was 20 bucks for 4 mags that probably don't weigh 3 lbs including the box they get shipped in unless they ship overnight. i guess since they are the only game in town for 308 galil mags they can charge whatever they want. with that said i'm glad i was able to order 4 which will give me a total of 5 25 rd mags, 1 12 rd mag and 1 m14 converted mag. I don't shoot that much but i do like to have 4-6 mags per gun. thanks for the heads up and link so other galil 308 owners can get in on the mags while they last.

suka5168

UZI Talk Life Member
I would have to pass on those mags. I was really temped but $105 shipped is just too much. Wish I'd ordered more of the 12 rds from CDNN awhile back.

wellcraft

suka5168 said:
I would have to pass on those mags. I was really temped but $105 shipped is just too much. Wish I'd ordered more of the 12 rds from CDNN awhile back.

i had a tough time justifying the cost in my mind but considering one 25 rd 308 galil mag sold on gunbroker for over 600 bucks i figured in the future i may be able to sell one off and recoup my money.

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
You will never see a better deal on these mags. I have 12 that I paid an average of $150 for over the past 4 years.

wellcraft

boscoman said:
You will never see a better deal on these mags. I have 12 that I paid an average of $150 for over the past 4 years.

i agree that 100 a pop is a good deal considering these mags are tough to find and up until now when you did find them they were a buck fifty or more. someone posted a thread a little while ago were one 25 rd 308 mag went for over 700 bucks on gunbroker. unless several companies start shipping these mags in and they become as plentyful as AR mags the price will stay high. i wonder how many of these mags blackthorn has in stock and when they run out can they get more????? better to pay the price while they are available than wait and miss out.

jetskrtal

UZI Talk Life Member
I just ordered a few more.At this point,they're down to 230 in stock.

$99 per magazine isn't too bad,back in the pre-ban days they were $49 apiece,so that's just double in 30 yrs.

Are the rifles double the price they were 30 yrs ago?Nope,try 4x-5x!!!

I know it's hard to justify $100 per mag,but where else ya gonna find one????

BBQCYCLEWERKES

Tal: I hate to see what your definition of "a couple" of mags is. The last time you ordered "a couple" of .308 Galil mags from Blackthorne you ended up with 14. Are you attempting to be Mr Galil Mag Man also? I thought I was doing good having 14 25 round and 4 12 round .308 mags that are new or like new. Again, Ya da man when it comes to Galil items. Bob Q.

jetskrtal

UZI Talk Life Member
Gotta keep up with that rabid collector out in New Mexico!!!!!!!!!:laugh
How's the AR .308? Did ya get it yet???
That was the "deal of the year"!!!!:thumbs_up

BBQCYCLEWERKES

Tal: Rabid??? Boy if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. No I have not received the .308 AR yet. Getting shipped today. Should receive sometime next week. I hope it is as good as he says it is. I'll let you know. Bob Q.

wellcraft

i received my mags on thursday and they look brand spanking new but don't have any manufacturer marks on them indicating who made them. i ordered them on Sunday, they shipped on Monday and were delivered UPS ground Thursday. while i wasn't happy with the cost of shipping i do appreciate how fast blackthorn got them out the door. i really do hate ordering a product and then having to wait days, weeks for my order to ship like the last time i ordered from DSA. i'd like to get a couple more mags but two hundred bucks for another two mags is not in my budget right now. to be honest 400 bucks for 4 mags wasn't in the budget but knowing how scarce these mags are and having no idea if they can get more once these sell out prompted me to bite the bullet and buy them. so now i have 5 25 rd mags, 1 12 rd mag and 1 30 rd m14 converted mag.

Last edited:

dluch

Just recieved mine - they looked like brand new - both were wrapped in wax paper -and- both were marked IMI 1-80.... (!) I ASSume they are legit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter