30rd Christy mags..... Available & How Much...?

SubGunFan

UZI Talk Life Member
Hello fellow Reising owners:

I have owned my M50 Reising since 1985. It came with a 12rd magwell and one 12rd mag, and has never really run that well (failure to feed jams). Even after buying 2 more 12rd mags, still the FTF jams...... I think the springs in the mags are weak.

Now I have installed a 20rd magwell and few weeks ago I had the change to try my Reising with ORIGINAL 20rd mags. It ran 100% which made me feel much better about the Reising in general. I even tried to sell my Reising a few times, but the buyers kept dragging their feet with the $$$ and/or paperwork. I guess that was lucky for me now that I know my Reising will run with quality mags.

I hear good things about the 30rd Reising mags made by Ken Christy. Are the mags worth their price? Do they require mods to function well? And the main question........

Where to buy and how much....???

Thanks in advance for your help,

SubGunFan

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
Here's an old announcement when the AWB died and Ken went back into production. I'm sure prices have jumped some. You can call him at the number on the flyer. His mags aren't cobbled up Thompson mags. He had the tooling made up and just got into production when the AWB hit.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=53876#post53876

I can tell you that his mags have been flawless for me. Probably more so than the original H&R 20 rounder I have. They needed no tweeking.

FWIW, Numrich/Gun Parts is selling recent manufacture 20 rounders too. If you can't find them on their site, call them. They are a pretty decent copy of the H&R mags but without the stamped lettering. As far as reliability goes, they have sharp feed lips that need a a couple of passes with a stone. They also need a good dry lube on the inside as they came completely dry. But that was all it took to get several of them up and functioning 100%.

Garrett

I have one pre-'94 Christie mag and four post-'04 mags. The preban mag has occasional malfunctions, but the new manufacture mags run flawlessly.

As far as costs, I think I paid $165 for the one mag before the ban died. So the current pricing seems great to me.

Original 20s or the Numrich version all cost more than what Ken is charging for his mags, so they are still the best deal going for reising mags.

tony k

FFL/C&R
I bought three direct from Ken last year at $85/ea. plus shipping.

They were too tight a fit in my Reising, which is both early-production and shot very little; I understand the specs were loosened up in later models, and they also loosen up with use.

I called Ken and he talked me through the adjustments: Gently squeezing the angles where the body bends in at the top to go from double-stack to single-feed. Once adjusted to fit, I had to adjust the feed lips a touch, opening them back up again, so it would feed dummy rounds fine.

On my one range outing they ran flawlessly. I had to do the same adjustments to a pair of aftermarket steel 20-rounders I also bought, and afterward only one of those would feed reliably. So Ken's are a lot closer to spec than the aftermarket examples.

FWIW, IIRC you can send them to Ken and he will tune them for you, but without your Reising in hand it's a little tough ... plus I wanted to shoot them immediately, so I just followed his instructions.

HTH.

coyle311

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a couple of pre 94's and 4 new manufacture Ken Christie mags. They all work great in both my reisings with no modification. I met him at Knob Creek last year. He's a good guy.

Asmodeous

I bought five from Dennis Todd at a gun show last year for $75 each. They might take a little fitting to your gun, but once that's done they run great.

az paul

UZI Talk Life Member
I have three of his pre-94's and they all run fine. He runs an ad for them in SGN. IIRC, they are $85 ea.

SGF...Glad to hear your Reising is now running up to snuff.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter