556 Aces

lomalinda

Anyone have the scoop on when these are going to be released? Thanks in advance.

swolff

Seems like the ACE has ran 6 ish months behind on everything, so I would venture to guess the this summer/fall. The 308 pistols just started shipping and IIRC they were supposed to start in October/November 16. The 308 rifles were supposed to be last summer etc and they showed up this past fall.

RSR

UZI Talk Supporter
After NRA summer meeting would be my guess... Doubt they'd wait until shotshow early next year.

lomalinda

From the IWI Facebook page:

More good news today! The first Galil ACE pistols with side folding stabilizing brace in 5.56 NATO (8.3" barrel) have left the building and are on their way to our wholesalers!
We should start shipping the 5.56 pistol without brace in another 10 days to 2 weeks, with the 16" barreled 5.56 rifles shipping in 2 to 3 weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/IWIUS/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

FELIX 808

Sweet, definitely on the list. I just picked up a 1651 & love it. Have not shot it yet, but I love it. Have to get the 5.56 rifle now :)

Kozy

Do you think if we whined enough, IWI US would give us OG Galil owners a way for this 5.56 models to use our OG Galil mags?

Cause I have more of said mags than standard AR mags and I don't feel like changing that lool

FELIX 808

Do you think if we whined enough, IWI US would give us OG Galil owners a way for this 5.56 models to use our OG Galil mags?

Cause I have more of said mags than standard AR mags and I don't feel like changing that lool

All you would really have to do is change the lower to the 1639 lower & possibly rivet in a mag release & IWI does list the lower (Pistol Grip) in the parts break down of my 1651

AleksanderDavid

I feel ya, i am in the same boat.

FELIX 808

I was also in the camp hoping for the original Galil mags for the 5.56, but you know the more I mess around with my 1651, I like it more & more. The mag well is like a mag funnel & you don't have to rock the mags in. I really like how the rifle is laid out with even a textured finger rest that builds muscle memory straight away with finger straight & off the trigger. Can't wait for the 5.56 rifle to come out. I would get the pistol, but no can do in my state:bang

swolff

Why would you come out with the pistol before the rifle? Personal preference I suppose, but c'mon, let's get those 5.56 rifles out!

Easier to import. The rifles and pistols probably came in at the same time, but the rifles will need magwell work done to accept over 10rd magazines + 922r parts, muzzle device installed. Pistols just inspect and send them on their way.

lomalinda

I ordered my pistol and will post pics and a range report once I am able to do so.

Mr Folgers

All you would really have to do is change the lower to the 1639 lower & possibly rivet in a mag release & IWI does list the lower (Pistol Grip) in the parts break down of my 1651

1. Remove plastic lower
2. check fit if the mag well is relieved for a AK/Galil pattern mag
3. Install mag catch and trigger guard
4. Add pistol grip
5. Shoot

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter