A little help finding someone to work on an Uzi..

forindooruseonly

We have a registered receiver IMI Uzi that runs great as a 9mm conversion, but does not work worth a darn in .45, and we have tried what we know to get it to function and have failed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone to troubleshoot and fix it? I'm more familiar with the MAC world and Sam at Practical Solutions comes to mind, but I'm not sure he would deal with an Uzi.

I appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
FYI, SAM is very talented at UZI’s. He fixed my buddy’s Post sample build!

We have a registered receiver IMI Uzi that runs great as a 9mm conversion, but does not work worth a darn in .45, and we have tried what we know to get it to function and have failed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone to troubleshoot and fix it? I'm more familiar with the MAC world and Sam at Practical Solutions comes to mind, but I'm not sure he would deal with an Uzi.

chipster

UZI Talk Life Member
BWE. What mags are you trying to get to work and how does fail to function properly?

mike_phoenix

I also have a registered receiver and my 45acp conversion does not work.
I'm interested to see what the solution is.
I have the greasegun lower conversion and the 45acp bullets will stovepipe on the barrel,
if I remember correct from the last time I tried it.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member

Does the gun still have the barrel restrictor ring? If so, it's possible that your 9mm bolt has proper clearance to fit over the ring but the .45 does not.

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter