Action Arms Galil .308 ARM Price Check question

Jerry799

I have an original unfired Galil .308 ARM I purchased new back in late 1980's. No box with the gun, but has 6 (25rd) original Galil .308 mags that are new in the boxes. The Gun is an Action Arms Model 332 with original muzzle cover, night sights, bipod, flash hider, sling and bayonet lug.

Wondering if it was worthwhile selling. I know it was stupid valuable when Obama was in power...lol!

Last edited:

wrongrecroom

It will be worth a lot esp with that many mags ..Now eh ? I would hang onto and see what the market does ...They are making Galils again in 308 not the same gun but to some people ....

I would guess 4k maybe 5k ..But I would want as most people are burned out on buying ammo/guns now and are also waiting to see what happens

adipose

I have an original unfired Galil .308 ARM I purchased new back in late 1980's. No box with the gun, but has 6 (25rd) original Galil .308 mags that are new in the boxes. The Gun is an Action Arms Model 332 with night sights, bipod, flash hider and bayonet lug.

Wondering if it was worthwhile selling. I know it was stupid valuable when Obama was in power...lol!

Late 80's; they were going for 786.00. Market is real soft right now. You have a transition model from magnum Research (which AA took over selling the 332).

You could sell it for 3.2 - 3.4K (with the mags); but there is rifles out there right now and not moving.

RSR

UZI Talk Supporter
Has the ACE in that caliber hurt sales of the original Galils? Hard to know probably.

In the short term, probably. In the long term, probably not... Why? B/c folks who get really into Galils will want to collect the original version, which are of a limited supply and more new folks wanting to collect equals a sellers market...

RSR

UZI Talk Supporter
I have an original unfired Galil .308 ARM I purchased new back in late 1980's. No box with the gun, but has 6 (25rd) original Galil .308 mags that are new in the boxes. The Gun is an Action Arms Model 332 with night sights, bipod, flash hider and bayonet lug.

You could probably get $150 or so for each of the mags new in box on gunbroker. New mags w/o box run $100-125 from retailers I've seen. Now adipose is great at sniffing out deals and lists his prices accordingly, but is generally ~20% below what some folks are willing to pay; however, right now his numbers are w/in a few hundred of what I would value insofar as you can likely do better on piecemealing a couple mags vs selling as a package. If needing a quick $500 or so, then sell of 4 of your mags and keep two with the gun. You could probably get away w/ just one mag, but personally I always want at least a dozen mags per rifle -- so maybe use payment from one of your IMI mags to buy a few promag galil mags to replace, or some of the 10/12 rounders...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter