AK 47 20 round Mags questions

Adolf

UZI Talk Life Member
Does anyone know if it is worth while going after 20 round AK 47 Mags if the prices is good, and are there any models/Countries that I should stay away from and why?

I have been a big fan of 30 round metal ones from just about any country (have a couple of Bulgarian plastics as well), and I have a bunch of 40 round Bulgarians metal as well. I have never used anything but 10 round, 30, 40 and drums.

Thanks,

Adolf

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
They're ok, but I've never seen them as cheap as 30s.
The 20s would be neat on a super short SBR (like a Micro Draco)

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
What a Country sells the 20 rd tanker mags. I think they are Bulgarian. I have some and they work great.

jandbj

Magpul announced 20 round ak mags this year too. The Hungarian ones are the best of the metal 20's, though I'd be tempted to wait for the magpul ones. Their 30's are slick!

AGG

The Norinco (a la 86S) are very nice, if you can find them!!! :)

Tony

hk1123

What a Country sells the 20 rd tanker mags. I think they are Bulgarian. I have some and they work great.

They are Hungarian - IIRC, other than those and the Chinese, only the Romanians made a 20

DistalRadius

I've got a bunch of the Hungarian ones. They're great, especially in an SBR. I really like the handling that the shorter mags provide, and 20 rounds is still pretty good in a semi-auto.

Also, I believe there are new Korean 20 rounders coming in at a price point similar to surplus steel 30s. (~$10 or so.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter