American Eagle 147 gr flat point?

sigstroker

Has anyone shot this stuff in a stock M11/9? Does it feed worth a damn?

Thinking about buying a bunch (because it's subsonic) while Federal has their rebate going.

147gr_ae_fmj.jpg

Garrett

I had a case of the stuff a while back. It ran ok in my M11, but this seems to be somewhat dependent on the individual gun. I still prefer a bullet with a RN profile.

You might try a few boxes before you buy a bunch of it.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
My experience had been larger rounds ok (.40) but smaller rounds like 380 are a no go. 9mm is so so I would only buy round nose rounds.

hfoster223

I guess I've been lucky, the flat nose (American Eagle included) have ran fine with my M11. Several years ago, I did have to bend the feed lip a small amount, with a small crescent wrench. After that adjustment, Its ran most everything.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Steel case ammo is about 17 cents a round and looks like fireworks at night from the cheaper powder!

CRofMel

I have ran atleast 5k rounds of this stuff flawlessly. I only shoot this and Fiocchi 158g through my M/11.

sigstroker

Thanks. Sure I would prefer round nose but I don't think Federal makes it. I can't find any anyway.

Garrett

The last factory subsonic ammo I bought was a case of 147 gr. Speer Lawman. It still has a bit of a flat nose but it's smaller, and the bullet has a more rounded profile vs. the typical TC profile.

It ran well in the M11/9 and Uzi. Seems like price was pretty comparable to the other factory 147s.

152688.jpg

Mac11FA

I have shot both the Lawman and AE flat point 9mm subs in my M11 both from Sten mags and Suomi drum mags. Had good enough success that I continued to buy them. I found a company (Ammo Valley)that sells new manufacture rd nose subs for $0.185 a round and they come in plastic ammo can.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter