AMP11 mag alternatives?

jason934

The AMP11 was designed (and sold) as a modular system. My calls to them for mp5 or other more common 9mm magazine adapters have fallen to deaf ears. Has anyone tinkered with their AMP11 to accept MP5 or uzi mags? Would be great to use a Beta CMAG on this gun.. Anyone with a 3d printer could knock one out in a day.

Separate question, where can I find new Suomi springs? All the mags I have are from WW2 and in need of an upgrade...

thanks

f3a6d727.jpg

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
All the mags I have are from WW2 and in need of an upgrade...

Really? I have 12 old Sten mags with original springs that I use with my MAX-31 and MAX-31A and they all feed reliably just fine. Have your Suomi springs aged that much differently?

Sid T.

UZI Talk Life Member
I too am surprised that you're having spring problems, is the AMP11 a recent acquisition or have you had it some time and this is a recent development?

I assume you've checked for bolt drag on the magazines? I've had to relieve the mag catch on both my AMP10 and my SABRE for that reason.

FYI, AA (or Mag Tactical as it is now) have a design for an AMP10 and, I assume the AMP11 too, using Glock magazines, but they're so backed up with current production there's telling when it will make it into production.

jason934

I too am surprised that you're having spring problems, is the AMP11 a recent acquisition or have you had it some time and this is a recent development?

I assume you've checked for bolt drag on the magazines? I've had to relieve the mag catch on both my AMP10 and my SABRE for that reason.

FYI, AA (or Mag Tactical as it is now) have a design for an AMP10 and, I assume the AMP11 too, using Glock magazines, but they're so backed up with current production there's telling when it will make it into production.

My mistake, it's an AMP10, I have a MAC10 with the AMP upper. I'll check with Mag Tactical, that way I can use the beta mags for the glock..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter