ANY body seen this

AZ Doug

UZI Talk Life Member
It has been discussed. Evidently it does work. Below is a link to a thread. Evidently the thread was locked by RD because a company started a group buy without permission.

txkfootdoc

Yep I've got a few of these & they're a hoot! Gets lots of attention at the range for sure.

greenpeas

UZI Talk Life Member
Seems awfully similar to the Akins Accelerator?

I can't imagine the ATF approving such a thing. They'll certainly change their minds any day now.

AZ Doug

UZI Talk Life Member
greenpeas said:
Seems awfully similar to the Akins Accelerator?

I can't imagine the ATF approving such a thing. They'll certainly change their minds any day now.

Read the other thread on the subject, the possible reasoning is discussed.

The Akins Accelerator worked off of a spring and this stock does not have a spring or built in mechanism that forces the action into your trigger finger. It works off of forward pressure you exert on the firearm. You could possibly do the same thing using the Akins Accelerator stock minus the spring, if you grabbed the 10-22 by the barrel and exerted forward pressure.

I do not agree with the Akins Accelerator decision, just trying to explain what I understand the differences to be.

dbailey

They do work, if these guys are out of Texas I shot the prototype a long time ago. It worked great, but its kinda wierd getting used to pulling the rifle forward to act as the trigger. The prone / laying down and/or any wierd postions is a challenge. But hey, its full auto without the stamp - but its not really.

yzfchet

UZI Talk Instigator, UZI Talk Life Member,
medphys said:
...That does not mean that the BATFE won't pull it's approval, but it would seem very hard to do as they would need to ban belt loops and fingers as well.

Any organization that has the omnipotence to declare that a shoestring is a machine gun can outlaw belt loops -

"No person(s) not an active and sworn member of a licensed city, county, state, or federal law enforcement agency shall be in possession of an AR-15 rifle or of an AR-15 pistol with one (1) round of ammunition in the chamber and an ammunition magazine inserted into the magazine well of the rifle or pistol (whichever applies) with one (1) or more rounds of ammunition in the inserted magazine, or of an AR-15 with an empty chamber and an ammunition magazine inserted into the magazine well with two (2) or more rounds of ammunition in the inserted magazine while wearing trousers, shorts, skirts, or any item of apparel with belt loops attached. (See sub-paragraph 102.36.11 for definition of 'belt loops')."

yzfchet

UZI Talk Instigator, UZI Talk Life Member,
SPECTRE9MM said:
Although very humorous I'm not laughing, it could happen. Stranger things have happened.
I wasn't laughing when I wrote it...it seems just as (ir)rational and (im)plausible as classifying the looped shoe string a machine gun. Having for all practical purposes no Congressional or Judicial oversight the BATFE can issue edicts as forceful, immediate, and ridiculous as any monarch in history. Our only hope are those men & women in the agency that believe in honor and justice, and that they will successfully counter the tyrannical tendencies of the political appointees.

davep32618

UZI Talk Supporter
I have one, it works as advertised. I have one AR set up specifically for it as I don't find it to be a pratical setup. It needs a few mods in my opinion, but I haven't gotten around to making it the way I want it. Sling attachment is the biggest improvement that needs to be made, but they have a fix called the SPADE, I just don't like it.

DaBBSitta

UZI Talk Supporter
Well, I just got mine last week and it WORKS as advertised. WOW!!! How kick as and easy to use and control. Strongly recommend it to everyone. Thanks...

piratesover40

UZI Talk Life Member
Why is that not like adding all the M-16 parts with real FA sear or DIAS and building an unregistered M-16. That was the whole point of letting us bump fire no xtra parts were added or left out to make a FA weapon. We also couldn't shoulder fire and aim the at the same time. Maybe we can see a lite where there hasn't been one in awhile.:hyper

Maxwell

UZI Talk Life Member
I have sold a bunch of these things at our shop, interestingly enough mostly to local and state law enforcement. Everyone has been very happy with them. They seem to work well with 556/223, 9mm and 5.7 uppers. 22 cal doesn't have the recoil needed to operate in bump fire mode. Most folks have commented that they get the hang of it after 1 to 2 magazines. Foregrips highly recommended to those that have sharp metal rails or you may get nicked up a bit.

jasonpkm

Stock works very well. A good poor mans full auto. On a scale of 1 -10. 1 being a Hell fire trigger, and 10 being a full auto Uzi. I would give it a solid 8. I wish the stock looked a little sexier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter