Any of you guys reload 40MM chalk?

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
The receiver was a 3D printed one. The burst disk… didn’t. Instead the blank was forced out the back of the shell. I can provide gory details, but the short version is things shattered. No injury, and I printed another receiver, and was back up and running a few hours later.

OK, so, it was a plastic receiver...

Starvingboy

Yep. It was the original NT-79 design, for those interested. After that I switched to the reinforced version, using PLA+. I also have a couple on standby made of carbon-fiber nylon.

Either way, sitting there going “WTF!?!” while pieces landed around me was quite the experience.

Kkontx

What lift charge are you all using for the chalk rounds. Got the reloadable aluminum m212 cases from Pace Defense with the xd end cap. Is 5 grains of Bullseye a typical charge with for a standard zinc pusher with ogive full of chalk? If not, what do you guys usually use if you load your own blanks/cases?

Also a plastic receiver sounds like a single use receiver lol. The recoil from just the beehive/hornets nest rounds were enough to break and strip out threads on a metal gopro mount I had on my receiver. Don't know if I'd trust a plastic receiver to handle any amount of recoil.

Starvingboy

The plastic receiver is 37mm. It is a good inexpensive way to play without risking the 40mm. I’ve put somewhere around 300 rounds through the thing so far, goofing around and working up loads. I’m using 8 grains of trail boss in a high/low shell right now.

There is quite a resurgence of 37mm launchers in the 3D printing community. Most use black powder for their lift charge. I tried it, it works well, but for whatever reason I prefer smokeless high/low.

Now if I can just get my fuses to light…

Starvingboy

Yep. Lots of them. I have a screw-together design that I have printed a pile of… in 37mm. The same design should work fine for 40mm, slightly scaled up.

Kkontx

What lift charge are you all using for the chalk rounds. Got the reloadable aluminum m212 cases from Pace Defense with the xd end cap. Is 5 grains of Bullseye a typical charge with for a standard zinc pusher with ogive full of chalk? If not, what do you guys usually use if you load your own blanks/cases?

Anyone happen to have some info for the lift charge loading?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter