anyone got a M11/9 SIDECOCKER?

xm15e2s

I am looking for a review on a RPB sidecocker upper. In specific, once you pull the bolt back with the charge handle, does it have to be returned to the forward position manually? is it spring loaded? does it color match the lower? did they use a cobray upper to make it? how do you like it?

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
For my M11/9 smg...

I have two MPA (Masterpiece Arms)/RPB sidecocking uppers... one w/ the rail & one w/o. I have a Tasco Optima dot sight mounted on the rail. This sight is discontinued, but the Doctor sight should work even better. Even if you don't get a dot sight... the rail-less version gives a great, unobstructed sight picture

The FAL-type charging handle is NOT spring loaded. Some users have reported light primer strikes on hard primers when not returning the handle to its full forward position manually; although I have never experienced this phenomenon.

The finish is a slightly darker, smoother park than the Cobray original upper... but it's a close match. Stoney Creek Armory makes several variations of this upper... including K-type grips, etc.

I believe that this upper is all original & not reworked.

I love it!

Note... that if you decide to use a side-folding stock... you will need to find one that clears either the charging handle or the ejection port. Since this handle is non-reciprocating like an UZI... you don't have to worry about extended cocking knobs turning in their respective slots... splaying the cocking slot!

It's a high quality unit!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter