Anyone reload for .380 acp Mac

Adolf

UZI Talk Life Member
Guys,

Not sure if I posted in the correct forum, but does anyone reload for their M-11/.380ACP weapons? If you do, what are your loads comprised of?

Thanks,

Adolf

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
A light load of 3.2 gr of HP-38/Win-231 behind 100 grain plated round nose from Berry's Bullets runs my M11A1 .380 just fine with or without suppressor and produces about 920 fps. If I want to run it hotter, such as for knock-over targets, I've used as much as 3.7 grains of those powders behind the same bullet, which produces 1030 fps with acceptable pressures and also functions fine.

YMMV. QuickLoad calculates that you can run as much as 3.9gr of HP38 or Win231 with that bullet before you're at the edge of acceptable chamber pressure.

Shattered

I've run everything from 85 to 95 gr, hollow point (which was extremely hit or miss depending on the hollow point), jacketed round nose and round nose lead in my M11/380. Everything but the hollow points was dead-blow reliable. I've used Accurate #2 and 5, Red Dot, Bullseye, Nitro 100, and Unique as well as a bunch of other powders no longer available such as SR-7625 and other IMR products. Some were dirtier than others but all chronoed well. I will not post actual powder loads as this a too litigious world (and I ain't payin' your doctor's bills).

Bottom line... yes, there are tons of different loads for the 380 that will work just fine in the baby Mac. Experimentation is your friend. Buy powders that you KNOW you can use in other guns/calibers so if it doesn't work out you haven't chucked your jing down a rathole. Borrow powders from friends if you can, doesn't take much. Enough for a dozen rounds and put them through a Chrono. Inspect your primers for excessive pressure as well as the brass itself and you can work up great loads in no time.

bigmacster

UZI Talk Supporter
I've thought about reloading this round myself. I have a ton of old wheel weights from work I have been thinking about buying a 100 grain round nose mold and casting my own bullets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter