Are there still Sterling tubes out there

Slaine777

UZI Talk Supporter
The title pretty much says it all. DLO used to sell them through ads on SubGuns, but that site is no more and I don't even know if DLO still does business.

Super Dak©

I got my first DLO tube in '09 (for my MK-IV build). Got my second in '13 (for my MK-V build) and asked to get as close a S/N as I could to my first tube, and Linda said they were almost out of them. IIRC they sold out shortly after, around 2014? FWIW my tubes S/N are 35 apart, but I don't know if they sold them in any specific order or just randomly.

Slaine777

UZI Talk Supporter
Dang, I guess I should be used to being years too late with almost everything in the machine gun world.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Any clue what such Tubes cost vs an assembled Sterling?

Super Dak©

Any clue what such Tubes cost vs an assembled Sterling?

Both of my DLO tubes were $5200. Add in a parts kit (about $400), tax stamps, and the build cost, and IIRC my Andrewski MK-IV came in under $7K, and the MK-V about $9K.

Last edited:

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Another option is buying a paws zx7 and using the tube to make a sterling. It’s a true sterling tube and can be had at $6500-7500. My conversion cost me $9990 including zx7, sterling kit and Andrewski’s gun smithing . I was able to sell the zx7 parts kit for $500

rrrgcy

Almost 20 years ago when I visited Doug he said he had 55 remaining, minus one. First visit, scanned me up-and-down like a threat for a long time. But I was treated to quite a tour, maybe four X M60's, dozen+ AKs hanging from ceiling on coat hangers like grapes, lottsa M1919A4s (numerous I believed were built by DGS) and stories galore. Gentle-man and maybe with a hint of the fiesty still underneath from his younger years? TOTALLY reminded me of Steve McQueen. Great memory. I wonder today what in the way of MGs or plates he still has in inventory. I would think most have been sold since then. I might imagine he's pushing 80+ or older? Definitely a treasure.

About those with inventories like that - at that time I nearly picked up an S&H HK sear from a fellow up in Orlando FL area. He wanted $12k for one, had to pass. He admitted he kept them in a bag and had 24 still remaining!!

Last edited:

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Almost 20 years ago when I visited Doug he said he had 55 remaining, minus one. First visit, scanned me up-and-down like a threat for a long time. But I was treated to quite a tour, maybe four X M60's, dozen+ AKs hanging from ceiling on coat hangers like grapes, lottsa M1919A4s (numerous I believed were built by DGS) and stories galore. Gentle-man and maybe with a hint of the fiesty still underneath from his younger years? TOTALLY reminded me of Steve McQueen. Great memory. I wonder today what in the way of MGs or plates he still has in inventory. I would think most have been sold since then. I might imagine he's pushing 80+ or older? Definitely a treasure.

About those with inventories like that - at that time I nearly picked up an S&H HK sear from a fellow up in Orlando FL area. He wanted $12k for one, had to pass. He admitted he kept them in a bag and had 24 still remaining!!

Awesome story

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
I talked with Doug about year ago when I was buying some barrels from him.
At the time, he was selling Winchester BAR serial #1

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter