B Model Rear Sight Removal

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Guys,

I have searched existing threads, but have not been able to find the answer to this question. What is the proper tool used to punch the roll pin out of the windage drum in order for sight removal. It seems like it would require a 1/16 roll pin punch, but am not sure. I took a guess and ordered one along with some other stuff I needed from Midway. I finally got a bottle of Hoppe's Benchrest solvent and can't wait to try it out after all the rave reviews it has received. I wish I could punch the pin today, but figure I should wait to get the proper tool or I will screw something up. Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Well I decided to try it myself and the right punch size is indeed 1/16. A 1/16 roll pin punch would be ideal, but I just ordered mine today and could not wait. What I found very interesting is that I think the top cover catch for the MINI is different than the FS. I have some extra top cover catches I bought from DS Arms and they have a hole running through them and are longer than the MINI catch. I will try to post a photo detailing the difference later.

peabody

Industry Member
Model B sight roll pin

The rear sight roll pin on an Uzi is a 1.5mm pin. This is slightly smaller than 1/16". We use a 1/16" punch but had to polish it down slightly in diameter to have it easily clear the hole on a production bases.
Sometimes it is a little tough to get the pin started back in the hole so we slightly bevel the lead edge of the pin on a sanding disk to get it started back in.
I have also heard of people sliding a straightened paper clip up through the pin hole and into the lead edge of the pin to help it get started back into the hole.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter