barrels

alexl650

UZI Talk Supporter
i have looked at the library and i am still not getting it. will a semi auto spec barrel work in an smg spec trunnion and without a restrictor ring

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
It will work, but it's not the greatest setup. The semi spec barrel will fit into an SMG spec trunion because the semi barrel is smaller diameter in the trunion band and in the chamber area. That means that the barrel is not supported as well as a larger diameter SMG barrel would be. The barrel nut pressing against the flange is what supplies most of the support in that setup, which is not optimal.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
I was thinking of going the bushing route... but with the couple semi barrels I have used in a SMG I have no problems at all... I needed a custom longer barrel so I used a semi barrel and it drops in and works fine... You just can't drop the shorty (smg barrel) in the semi....

I also agree with RD it is not the best way to go... but it works

tacdrivrnc

barrel bushings

I have some barrel bushings that fit the semi spec barrel for the breech trunion...PM me if you need some.
(Not sure if that is what your looking for, though).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter