Bayonet question

redweirdbeard

I have a vector uzi and would like a bayonet. Will any uzi bayonet work or does it have to be a certain brand? I've seen IMI and ones for A and B models. Just want to buy the right one. Thanks

Jones

Doesn't sound like there was much difference other than era. The finish and scabbard material might be a clue.
Mine is black, all steel including the scales, and has a plastic scabbard. No markings that I can see.
My second and third-hand info says the early ones were black w/ metal scabbard, later parkerized w/ plastic scabbard.
Mine's not "as issued"-- more like as purchased off GB.

thumbnail_IMG_0611.jpg

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Blades/grips were pretty much all the same specs. Some slight scabbard differences. Can't remember all the countries that made them....Dave's book has lots of info. I looked for 20 years for my IMI gear logo marked ones until I found them at a dealer in Israel. Had plenty of "experts" tell me they didn't exist, but I remember seeing one in the early 80's. I don't even remember seeing them in Dave's book, but it's been awhile since I read it.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Not to hijack but since we are talking Uzi bayos....

Attachments

• UziBayoIMI.jpg
    UziBayoIMI.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 24

Slowmo

I got that exact frog from them. Only issue is it's a real bitch to get the eyelet over the stud on the scabbard. Not sure what they were thinking when they designed them?
Yeah, it took some effort with mine. But on the bright side, you don’t have to worry about it coming loose.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Here's the flip side with ricasso showing the IMI logo.

Attachments

• UziBayoIMI_Logo.jpg
    UziBayoIMI_Logo.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 9

ccosby

As long as it has a bayonet lug you should be fine. I've seen some more modern clones that don't actually have a lug where it should be.

I grabbed my bayonet from DSA, The frog I got from RTG who has it cheaper.

IdPF2s.jpg

Garrett

Yeah, it took some effort with mine. But on the bright side, you don’t have to worry about it coming loose.
Yeah, for that matter don’t plan on ever being able to remove it without destroying it in the process.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter