Bazooka brother’s mag adapter

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Bazooka Brother’s / A&D mag adapter and American 180 Speed Loader

Update:
MAK91's American 180 (New model) Speed Loader Vs E&L loading tray.
This is essentially the production model that Mak91 will be offering for sale.

GET ONE!

All inquiries should be directed to MAK91 @
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/member.php?5090-mak91

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The third test below.

Direct link for HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCf_KD-U_rY

The second test at 60FPS

Direct link for 60FPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trj1wDuXIxM

First fully loaded mag test video below.

My first test with the BB American 180 mag adapter. I only shot it once with approximately 50ish rounds. I loaded it up and wasn’t sure how it really works. Rounds went everywhere a few times. I think I’ve got it figured out now but it’s an unusual mag design for someone with no experience with American 180s. I know these things usually don’t work but my initial impressions are fairly good.

Big thanks to dnh for selling me the mag adapter.
I PMed DNH a couple minutes after he posted it. Later, I seen all the reply’s to his post and figured I wouldn’t get it. He messaged me back a day or two later saying I was the first to respond and accepted my offer. A great guy to deal with.

Last edited:

dnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Just wait until the first time you fire all 165 rounds with one trigger pull! Awesome!!

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
No bad. Mine never got anywhere near that kind of performance. I think that 12 was my best run.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Coo vid.

It's a tinker toy for sure. I ran a dozen full drums from mine but usually it had a hiccup or two most of the time. Mine liked CCI MM 40 grain RN for sure. Here's the one I made from the AR15 BB adapter.

15198028625_848473ede2_z.jpg

14331578293_efa8676fd5_z.jpg

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Wherever you go, there stobro was ;-)

If I landed on the moon with the first mg only to find custom stobro headstamp casings everywhere I wouldn't be surprised.

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
only to find custom stobro headstamp casings everywhere I wouldn't be surprised.

Off topic, but did you know that the headstamp shown in Stobro's avatar isn't custom, and that ammo was actually produced that way? I have some ;)

MAC .380 Ammo.jpg
MAC380SMGammo.jpg
MAC SMG Cartridge.jpg

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Fun times. The 165 round drums were always the most reliable. Getting all the way through the 275 round drum is also exhilarating. I used to hold my breath and get a little light headed by the time they emptied.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Fun times. The 165 round drums were always the most reliable. Getting all the way through the 275 round drum is also exhilarating. I used to hold my breath and get a little light headed by the time they emptied.

Lol.

This thing is definitely different but really cool. I’ve only shot it twice because loading it is a bear. I purchased the E&L loader but I’m spoiled with the lightnin grip loader. The E&L loader works but is painfully slow. Not to mentioned, I loaded the mag and missed a spot or two and wasn’t about to take them out to reload it.

One of the M60Joe loaders would be a lot better than E&L loader; however, I’m thankful for it because it’s the only thing on the market.

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
Update, first fully loaded mag test video below.

My first test with the BB American 180 mag adapter. I only shot it once with approximately 50ish rounds. I loaded it up and wasn’t sure how it really works. Rounds went everywhere a few times. I think I’ve got it figured out now but it’s an unusual mag design for someone with no experience with American 180s. I know these things usually don’t work but my initial impressions are fairly good.

Big thanks to dnh for selling me the mag adapter.
I PMed DNH a couple minutes after he posted it. Later, I seen all the reply’s to his post and figured I wouldn’t get it. He messaged me back a day or two later saying I was the first to respond and accepted my offer. A great guy to deal with.

VegasSMG would be very proud

Maniac11/9

Lol.

This thing is definitely different but really cool. I’ve only shot it twice because loading it is a bear. I purchased the E&L loader but I’m spoiled with the lightnin grip loader. The E&L loader works but is painfully slow. Not to mentioned, I loaded the mag and missed a spot or two and wasn’t about to take them out to reload it.

One of the M60Joe loaders would be a lot better than E&L loader; however, I’m thankful for it because it’s the only thing on the market.

I recommend the E and L stand also. It helps the rounds roll down as you turn the drum because the stand places the drum at a slight angle. You’ll get faster with more practice loading the drums. I also recommend the aluminum bottom plates. The drum seems to turn with less friction compared to the plastic bottom plates.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter

You better, that's a lot of lead in the air!

dnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Sweet!!!

But, but, but those things aren't supposed to work well....

Pmergler

So is this a standard American 180 drum mag then with a custom Mac11 mag adapter?

plodder

UZI Talk Supporter
Well, take my money! Is this a complete DIY project or is there something to start working with other than the 180 drum?

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Well, take my money! Is this a complete DIY project or is there something to start working with other than the 180 drum?

These were made originally by A&D and then sold by Bazooka Brothers (from my understanding).

Something akin to this mag adapter might be made again in the near future.

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter