Black Dog AC 556 conversion?

smg-45

UZI Talk Supporter
Anyone tried converting a Black Dog mag to fit an AC-556. I need some mags for my 22 conversion, but hate dealing with Ciener. I read that Black Dog Machine has no plans to make thier mags for the Ruger.

CIB

UZI Talk Supporter
Have'nt tried it yet, I don't see why he can't make one mag work for both guns. It's been done before with the Eagle 5.56 mags. I guess us AC owners will just have to try, and see if we can make them work.

booger hooker

I remember when they first came out BDM said that he would probably make them for the AC but they would probably be the skinny mags at first...hopefully he didn't change his mind altogether as I would be happy with some skinny mags for now and hopefully the full size later just like the ones for the AR.

CIB

UZI Talk Supporter
Well, can't make the BDM AR/M16 mags work with the AC, they don't have the ejector on them. I'm reasonably sure I could get it to fit properly in the AC's mag well, but it would be really hard to fit/make an ejector for the left feed lip that would last any amount of time. I may still try though.

smg-45

UZI Talk Supporter
Actually the mag does not need the extractor lip. I have been playing with one of the slimline Blackdog mags. After sanding the sides to fit the Ruger magwell, I found that the front of the mag body sits too low to reach the front mag catch. I just added a piece of flat metal to extended the front of the mag. I just need to get the feed angle right. I can fire 5-6 round bursts before the bolt bends a round trying to feed it into the chamber, but it ejects the spent rounds great.

CIB

UZI Talk Supporter
Well then I'll go ahead with fitting. Brownells does'nt have the skinny ones anymore, just the full width mags.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter