Brown Bear Sub-Sonic Problems

Chicken Men

Purchased some of the Brown Bear 9mm 147gr. Sub-Sonic. Worked great for the first 100 rounds. After that, empty cases will stick in the chamber and have to be pounded out. Gun locks up, bolt stuck forward. Cant get more than 4-5 shells thru it after I clear the chamber before the next one does the same thing.

Had some Walmart 9mm handy and it worked without a problem. What have I got here? A steel case issue?? My gun is a converted semi, so I figure the chamber is tighter than a factory machine gun barrel. Will a chrome chamber help? Should I have purchased Silver Bear instead?

I saved the empty cases I pounded out. They don't look unusual. Can't see any problems.

CM

M60joe

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
Ive shot about 2k of brown bear. I shoot it and silver bear. Clean your chamber. Something could have galled or burred the chamber.

A good trick for polishing the chamber is to take a 1/4" piece of aluminum, hax saw a slot parallel to the length of the rod down the middle for a 3/4". Slide some sand paper down the slot and run the rod with a drill. Smaller rods for Dremel's of course....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter