Carlson .22lr thruster with Ciener conversion

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Anybody tried one of these with their .22lr conversion kit. The suppressors seem to make the action work better, as it creates more back pressure. Looking for a cheaper alternative. The oddball threads on the AC makes switching around a suppressor a pain.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I've got a ciener 22 conversion for my mini 14's and it works great with one of the bulk ammo that's out there, can't remember which one. You might try a few and see what works in your setup.

As for the Carlson thruster,
I used one on an Akins accelerator and it actually helped.

I'm sure you could buy a thread adapter from 1/2x28 to the ac556 threads.

Last edited:

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a few of the kits, and they do work well. However, a suppressor seems to make them work better. I do have an adapter to convert the threads to 1/2-28, but Switching the suppressors back and forth between rifles is kind of a pain, and was looking for a more cost effective dedicated set up for the rifle.

Gemlin

I have a ciener 22 conversion for my ac556. It works great if you put oil on the oprod to bolt mate.

I hardly use that conversion these days

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Ran it last night with this setup. Worked great for the first (3) mags, then things started getting dirty, and the extractor started getting sticky. Wiped it off with a rag (as best I could), oiled it up, and good again for a few more mags. I had taken the bolt completely apart and cleaned prior to this session. Lesson I have learned, is that it needs wiped and oiled a LOT, if you want it to run good...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter