CFW Bolt Just Sold on GB for $2900

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I have seen one sell for 3500 BIN last year.

I have to say… if I had a number of them, I’d probably hope nobody made any more anytime soon but that’s just me lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member

Slowmo

Anyone here long enough knows I was pressing for the Max31c for YEARS and Lage finally broke down.

At that point I’ve been using that @ 850rpm with drum capacity and the CFW for my purposes was redundant. Cashed out to fund something else. Thinking on making this exact 8” blast cannon for concussive fun. Basically trading one for the other.

I think I need an aspirin after just watching that video.

I can’t argue with your reasoning though.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
After reading these posts, I started reminiscing a bit. Pulled up a video of me running my bolt in my PS M11 .380. Then I found my correspondence with Tom. He was such a gentleman. Kind and helpful. Saw that I paid $800 for it and he even threw in extra springs for an M11/9 etc. At the time, I really didn't like spending that much money on what would be a rarely used toy. But after following its development, and the whole drama queen Coffee Freak fiasco.... I just felt that someday I would regret not buying one. I think $3K for one is insanity. But there are plenty of people blessed with a lot more financial resources than me; and maybe a lot less common sense? :)

Regardless, as an amateur machinist for 40+ years, I know Tom sure didn't get rich with this project. I am convinced it may have started out as something he'd make a few bucks on, but turned into a labor of love. He truly was all about furthering the industry. I will miss him, and all the LONG technical phone conversations we had. Hard to believe it has been five years since my bolt finally showed up.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I might make some gen1 versions using a CNC bolt and a tungsten cube dovetailed on.

I‘ve owned a gen1 bolt, it was nice, I could help others enjoy.

$840 is a target

Any one of us can do this. Step Up! If no one else will…
This was the old SWD method for their M11/9 .380 conversion (no tungsten though). They took an RPB M11 .380 bolt and welded a chunk about 1.5” inches long to the back of it for weight. It is simple and it works.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I might make some gen1 versions using a CNC bolt and a tungsten cube dovetailed on.

I‘ve owned a gen1 bolt, it was nice, I could help others enjoy.

$840 is a target

Any one of us can do this. Step Up! If no one else will…
I very much disagree. Percentage wise, how many members could afford to front the cash to make 50 generation 1 tungsten bolts? What little I know is you would be looking at fronting $20,000 to $30,000. If you have the skills and the facilities to do the work yourself, I bet you are still looking at $10,000 to $15,000 up front.

So what percentage of the membership would have the resources to front that kind of cash and/or do the work? 5% or 10%? And of those members, how many have the time to follow through with the project? Of that number, how many want to do the project? Obviously, not many.

I don't know how many hours Tom put into the CF(W) project. But the project came along at just the right time for him. His life was way too busy ten years ago. It got to be somewhat of a grind for him. But he thought that the project was cool and something he would buy for himself. Such projects are not easy and very expensive. That is why no one has picked up the ball.

By all means, if you think that you have what is needed to put such a project together, please do it. I am tapped out. I am patently waiting for the ATF for a determination of the Tenko. I have the resources to move forward with a positive determination. I don't have the bandwidth to even imagine putting together something else. I sincerely wish good luck to anyone willing to pick up the ball and run with it.

Scott

Ericoak

I just threw my CF-W 9mmA bolt up there with a fairly heft price. I’ll just shoot my original bolt for my M11/9 if someone wants it that bad ;)

Slowmo

I just threw my CF-W 9mmA bolt up there with a fairly heft price. I’ll just shoot my original bolt for my M11/9 if someone wants it that bad ;)
Thanks for letting us know, and good luck. It's fun to watch.

Ericoak

Gunbroker. Didn’t cost me a penalty.

Trust me, priced too rich for your blood if you think $800 is expensive.

I threw a Lage .22LR kit on GB for like $1.5-2K once and got a lucky so you never know.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
I thought that $800 was a lot but I wouldn't sell mine for $3000. No other accessory for the M11/9 changes it so much.

MDG

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm torn. I would like to sell mine but I purchased it from Tom. I feel obligated to keep it.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Dave Ramsey said to a lady with $100k of gold purchased at a time it was higher than current. She was looking for advice if she should sell at a loss.

He summed the question, okay it may only be worth $85k right now… if you had the chance to have the cash… would you buy it again right now at $85k with hopes it’s worth more later?

She said no, she’d rather have $85k cash, and he said to sell it then. It’s worth today what it’s worth Today.

My choice was, would I buy it right now at $2900? With my 31c reasoning no. For others that may be different.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter