Coastal MIMS suppressor on 380 = Hollywood Quiet

Loco

I know 380 is typically subsonic by nature, but I had the pleasure of strapping a Coastal Mims to a baby MAC last weekend, and it was stunning.

The gun was so quiet, all we heard was the bolt cycling, followed by several reports of the bullets hitting the backdrop.

I'm talkin James Bond quiet.

Ammo used was off the shelf 380, multiple brands.

"Typewriter" is a pretty accurate description, if you're old enough to have heard real typewriters in the office.

Sure, the can weighs as much as the pistol, but the results made me giddy.

10mmlover

I've been considering an m11/9 upper with a 380 barrel installed on mine for this reason. I can load 9mm pretty light, but it'll never be 380 light as far as how little powder is burning that needs to be suppressed.

skullsoldier

I have a M11a1 small mag well with an AWC two-stage silencer and a tungsten bolt. It legitimately sounds like a sci-fi laser gun. I would put it on par with a suppressed full auto .22 subsonic.

slimshady

One of the old Firepower (IIRC) magazines had an article on the little .380, how it fit in a belt holster, was quiet with a can, etc. One thing they mentioned was they heard a weird noise over the clacking of the action, they finally figured the empties flying through the air were making the sound. The air passing over the open end was like blowing over a pop bottle! Now that is beyond "Hollywood quiet"!

Loco

Now I really want to hear an M12 cycle with the can. I'm thinking with an extra recoil buffer, it would be insane quiet.

I am very impressed with the MIMS suppressor as far as build and performance vs price.

SecondAmend

When I bought an RPB M11-380 as a package deal, included was an AWC Agenda Six (which is 9mm rated) silencer with 11-5/8 threads for direct threading to the M11-380. With the stock steel bolt, it's a reasonably quiet but somewhat high ROF and gassy shooter. Using a tungsten bolt slows the ROF to under 750 RPM and virtually eliminates gas blowback. Makes a "chu, chu, chu,..." sound.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter