Disturbing things seen at the gunshow this past weekend (Mac Related)

Adolf

UZI Talk Life Member
While perusing the Missouri Valley Arms Collector's Association (MVACA)gun show this weekend. I spotted a couple of items that may or may not be legal in the mac world. I stayed away from that table after seeing the stuff.

Our Local BATF&E has a table at the show (Always has and always will), this doesn't bother me.

This two things next did:

One a table full of mix gun parts of unknown origins there was a "Coke" Bottle Adaptor for sale for a Mac, and I am sure he had no paper work for it. I know that this item is illegal if there is no paperwork.

The other thing sitting on the table was an M-10/9 Bolt that was obviously cut out by someone using dremel tool or hack saw to cut the notch for FA purposes! It was a horrible cutting job! Is that legal to own at all?

I spotted my favorite things as usual; Tec 9 spelled TECH 9 and a Masterpiece arms Mac .45 spelled MACK 10!

Anyway, I stay away from trouble when I think I see it!

Thanks,

ChuckB

I thought the bottle adapters were legal as long as you don't own a weapon they will screw onto.

It would be really hard not to troll the special agent(s) that drew the short straw and have to spend the weekend at the gunshow.

zipakna

UZI Talk Life Member
......was a "Coke" Bottle Adaptor for sale for a Mac, and I am sure he had no paper work for it. I know that this item is illegal if there is no paperwork.
i bought a oil can cleaning adapter from a gun show a while back and submitted a Form 1 for it, just for my amusement. i saw them again at the gun show a couple of weeks ago. and asked them about the adapters since they didnt have any on the table. they said they received a cease and desist letter form the ATF. i told them i form 1'd mine and they said you are one of the few.

solvent_trap_adapter.jpg

slimshady

The bottle adapters they used to sell in SGN went the way of the "SIONACS" suppressor innards kits when the law was changed to include individual parts in the definition of silencer. Were they ever ruled a silencer part? I don't know, but I would never buy one. The one in the Midway link doesn't seal and would likely blow off if it was fired, those are kosher, the SGN ones were simple threaded adapters that did seal.

Mac bolts in any configuration are not a controlled item.

Renegade

UZI Talk Supporter, , Semper Vigilo
Mac bolts in any configuration are not a controlled item.

MAC bolts cut to bypass disconnector for F/A use are MGs and could be legally registered prior to FOPA86. So today they are illegal without paperwork.

slimshady

MAC bolts cut to bypass disconnector for F/A use are MGs and could be legally registered prior to FOPA86. So today they are illegal without paperwork.

They made registered Bolt MACs? I always thought they just cut off the disconnect on the open bolt semis when they converted them. Seems a lot easier...

Since MACs lack an OB denial feature, I would think prosecution would be difficult since ANY open bolt will drop right in a closed bolt semi MAC with the same result.

Renegade

They made registered Bolt MACs? I always thought they just cut off the disconnect on the open bolt semis when they converted them. Seems a lot easier...

Mostly Form 1s as it was so easy. Also easy to convert back to S/A if you need.

Adolf

UZI Talk Life Member
My understand was the RPB "Coke" bottle adaptor was considered a piece of a suppressor regardless if ownership of the weapon? Yeah, I knew they were originally sold without paper works, like the "Lightning Links", but I thought there was a registration period?

Having a OB SA with in proximity of a notch bolt to bypass the disconnect would be constructive intent right?

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
My understand was the RPB "Coke" bottle adaptor was considered a piece of a suppressor regardless if ownership of the weapon? Yeah, I knew they were originally sold without paper works, like the "Lightning Links", but I thought there was a registration period?

Having a OB SA with in proximity of a notch bolt to bypass the disconnect would be constructive intent right?

A cut bolt by it's self is a conversion device......requiring registration like a slotted uzi bolt or dias.......doesn't matter if you have the host weapon or not.....

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
A cut bolt by it's self is a conversion device......requiring registration like a slotted uzi bolt or dias.......doesn't matter if you have the host weapon or not.....

Not sure that is completely true...certainly an argument could be made. The same could be said for a FA MP5 trigger pack. If registered as a conversion device it is such. Otherwise, just part of a parts kit.

Renegade

Not sure that is completely true...certainly an argument could be made. The same could be said for a FA MP5 trigger pack. If registered as a conversion device it is such. Otherwise, just part of a parts kit.

If the cut for the purpose of converting a Semi/Auto firearm to Full/Auto, then it is am Machine Gun whether it is registered or not.

(b) Machinegun
The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
It isn't clear that by itself it would NECESSARILY be a problem. Just like FA BCG for an AR is not by itself illegal.

Renegade

It isn't clear that by itself it would NECESSARILY be a problem. Just like FA BCG for an AR is not by itself illegal.

F/A Bolt Carrier is not a conversion part, it is a factory M16 part.

A cut bolt is no different than a DIAS or Lightning Link. It is a part, designed solely exclusively for converting a firearm to a machine gun.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter