dlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
that screw is highly suspicious

Get a pic of the inside

Open bolt Semi's have NO Hole where them screws are......Theres an internal block welded in "in" that area.

That also has provisions for the stock .....Hit and miss on that.
I've seen them both ways.

Serial Number is way off base for a legit Open Bolt Semi imho

@MitchWerbellsGhost87

would know as well as a few others here

Last edited:

azakms

Seller says that the fire control group is semi auto only and held in place by the 2 bolts.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Pre 82 guns should have a different ser # I'm fairly sure.
Never had holes there.
That is too easily convertable and I'd not touch it personally.

Its worth the price of the upper only...rest is garbage.

Need pics of the Internals with the upper removed.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Ok so I saw this one on GB and I was quite honestly surprised that chesterfield armament would list this and didnt recognize the obvious aftermarket… modifications. The mere presence of those sear holes that have been added to the frame, with the screws in them, makes it a machine gun in the eyes of the law. Regardless of whether or not it has a selector switch installed in the holes, it is a machine gun as far as the AFT are concerned. It appears as though it has absolutely been converted to SMG capability at some point, the newly added sear stud is also visible on the bottom of the frame. It is likely that the sear carriage has been removed/damaged to allow the removal of the sear and trip. It may be in a semi auto configuration right now with the trip installed, but that can be changed in about 3 seconds with a Philips head screwdriver, and that’s why the sear carriage was required with these guns. It’s also obvious that someone installed stock hardware in it as well (illegal SBR).

This one is trouble, I wouldn’t buy one like that off the internet with a papertrail and 1000s of people watching personally. It’s more than likely that most FFLs and feds looking at that gun probably have no idea what’s wrong with it, and wouldn’t even know what exactly they are looking at, but it’s not a chance I’d wanna take having that thing transferred through an FFL as a title 1 firearm.

Would be different if you found it for a good deal face to face, cash, at a gun show or something, and didn’t tell anyone about it on the internet, but this one is a bit too well publicized for my liking anyway

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
that screw is highly suspicious

Get a pic of the inside

Open bolt Semi's have NO Hole where them screws are......Theres an internal block welded in "in" that area.

That also has provisions for the stock .....Hit and miss on that.
I've seen them both ways.

Serial Number is way off base for a legit Open Bolt Semi imho

@MitchWerbellsGhost87

would know as well as a few others here
Serial number is normal. There was a run of M10 SAP pistols that had the letter “A” at the end of the SN. My buddy (a prominent and very knowledgeable MAC collector) chased one down on GB a while back, thinking the “A” possibly had some kind of significance, because it had one of the stamped laminated prototype triggers installed in it. Long story short, he got the gun and opened it up and the only difference was that stamped trigger. I have since seen the stamped laminate leftover MAC prototype trigger installed in a couple of other factory RPB M10 SAP guns. It was just luck of the draw which guns ended up with them apparently and the “A” likely had nothing to do with it, but the shorter number with the “A” at the end of it is legit. Not all of them had the year prefix. I think these “A” numbers are somewhat earlier 79-80 guns

Last edited:

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
IF the ser. # matched pre 82
&
IF those holes were welded shut
&
if you got clear pics of internal sear area that were as was pre 82

It wopuld still be a maybe for a heavily discounted price

A legit Open Bolt semi in any cal is hovering around 2K +-

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
IF the ser. # matched pre 82
&
IF those holes were welded shut
&
if you got clear pics of internal sear area that were as was pre 82

It wopuld still be a maybe for a heavily discounted price

A legit Open Bolt semi in any cal is hovering around 2K +-

The SN is fine, there are a handful of M10 SAPs with this same exact SN format, the gun started life perfectly fine… until someone illegally converted it into a sub machine gun and ruined any resale value it may have ever had without those holes welded up and a new finish.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Can someone post a link and or photos.
I can’t find it and assuming they removed the listing.

I’ve seen a few illegal SAP over the years. Heck, I even seen one that someone took the time to copy all the stamping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter