Does anyone make a drop in 10.25" barrel for a Wise Lite Sterling carbine?

Scabby Jack

Or do I have to hack and polish? I just got approved by ATF and just found out that sterlingl2a3.com is apparently defunct and was hoping to buy one of his drop in threaded barrels. Now back to the drawing board.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I also have a Wiselite; it's a fun gun, but begs for SBR&Silencer!
Does yours shoot reliably and accurately?

Scabby Jack

Yes it is reliable with good mags. Yes it is accurate. It feels odd shooting with the weight of the mag hanging to the left but I can get used to that.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Not that I am aware of. We can cut and thread your barrel for you though.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Yes it is reliable with good mags. Yes it is accurate. It feels odd shooting with the weight of the mag hanging to the left but I can get used to that.

Yes, the balance is a bit odd, but not too bad. Last time I checked, Sterling mags were a bit pricey, but Tapco had plastic STEN mags for approx $20. (STEN mags work in Sterlings, but I don't know anyone who has tried them in a Sterling. I'd ask before ordering a binch of them.)

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
To cut, crown and thread would be $100. Two week turn around is the norm.

Scabby Jack

Is there enough metal on the factory barrel to get a shoulder for good suppressor mounting or is it just enough for muzzle devices. Thanks again.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I was thinking that the suppressor could be tightened against the "barrel nut"?

OldBesty

just got approved by ATF and just found out that sterlingl2a3.com is apparently defunct and was hoping to buy one of his drop in threaded barrels.

I know he has not been using the email on the sterlingl2a3.com webpage for some time, but are you certain CPS Co is actually defunct?

I am aware he just finished and delivered on an order of L2A3s within the past year. Those who waited patiently were more than pleased.

I can think its highly possible he still has threaded 10.25" barrels with shoulder cone adapters on hand. May help to be more persistent to track down his current contact info and phone him. I will see what I can do to help.

Scabby Jack

I know he has not been using the email on the sterlingl2a3.com webpage for some time, but are you certain CPS Co is actually defunct?

I am aware he just finished and delivered on an order of L2A3s within the past year. Those who waited patiently were more than pleased.

I can think its highly possible he still has threaded 10.25" barrels with shoulder cone adapters on hand. May help to be more persistent to track down his current contact info and phone him. I will see what I can do to help.

His Phone number is disconnected. His Website is not up to date or being administrated. And his personal emails bounce. So all signs point to OOB.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter