FA Vector Arms UZI Ratcheting Top Cover Issue

pinball-1

My Vector Arms UZI got AFT approval yesterday (whoo!!).
Went out today and ran about 600+/- rounds through it.
Ran pretty good (few failure to feeds), but when I got home I noticed that the ratcheting top cover would no longer lock partially back like it did before the range.
On closer inspection the teeth look pretty chewed up.
Was nearly new when I got it, so wondering what would have caused this in such a short amount of time. Any way to fix?
Thanks in advance!
20230903_154054_resized_1.jpg

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
The ratcheting teeth don't look too bad. Make sure the cocking knob is not too loose; additionally. remove the top cover and flip it over. You will be able to see the ratcheting mechanism. Be certain the spring clip is not bent or dislodged, as that can cause issues.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Worst case, surplus top covers are cheap (I recommend you buy a spare regardless). If you do one swap out it’s 100% guaranteed that you’ll have to fit it to your gun. Richard Hoffman (RIP) of BWE made a video about this and it’s posted on YouTube.

All that being said, @brenbuilds is right. The teeth on your top cover don’t look too bad. Shorting out the ratcheting mechanism is probably all that you need.

pinball-1

Hmm okay, I'll have to disassemble one of these days and look at it. Spring appears to be there.
I did see that video, I had to fit this original top cover too as it wouldn't let a 0.04 feeler gauge in anywhere.

Attachments

• 20230904_102936_resized.jpg
    20230904_102936_resized.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 8

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter