Finally got in the Reising Game!

Shattered

The saga with the M55 is over-it’s going back and I’m getting a full refund. With all the issues that weren’t disclosed upon purchase, it wasn’t right to have paid what was paid.

I’ll say this-buyer beware when dealing on stuff anymore. Even guys who have been in the game a long time seem to be getting shady.
Email me about the VT dealer…I know a bunch of them.

19Steve67

Well, I finally bought a Reising Model 55. I have watched Christie Mags, BarrelXChange Drums, and other stuff for these sell over the years, and now, I find myself looking for this same stuff. I thought that I had bought a Model 55 on Strumgewehr and come to find out the guy was just brokering the gun for an acquaintance and I was 3rd or 4th in Line. He finally "fessed up" to his deed and actually the real Owner sold it on his own. I have always found that things work out this way for a reason...

I had saved this two year old ad from Firearms News and it was where Douglas L. Oefinger had an old Reising Model 55 for sale, but it did not have the wire hardware stock with it. I had known the DLO Story for years and I have had some friends with Belt Feds that had problems and took their guns for a visit and got them fixed with the Old Master. Mr. Oefinger did not disappoint; not the energy of a Kent Lomont, but just as crusty a character as any of the old school guys.

He had bought the gun back in 1984 or 1985 from a H & R Warehouse sale, and, I still wonder if this gun was bought when Ohio Ordinance bought thousands of the Model 50's that were discovered in the back of a Warehouse that were Transferables that were returned by the Marine Corp back during or just post WWII??? Some of you probably know this story better than I. I did not get any pictures of this Model 55, but Mr. Oefinger said it was basically Brand New and probably just "test fired". I am excited to see what I end up with, but when one of these guys say's it is Brand New, you can safely bet it is in pretty darn good shape for it's age. It is on a Form 4, so it may be a while before I get my "mitts" on the gun, but I am a Dealer and I have been pretty lucky with Estate Form 4's. I just received an AOW Handy Gun yesterday that I bought back in March of this year.

Yes, I will post some pics of this "find" when she "hits dock" here in North Alabama. I hope you have enjoyed this "yarn" and I am looking forward to this acquisition. Now, for the reason of this post - Do you have any "stuff" (that is reasonable) that you think that I need for this fine gun? I have mentioned that I will need magazines and at least a Troy Edhlund Drum for it. I am on this list at Keystone for Christie Magazines, if they ever make any more. "Watcha Got?" for my Reising??? Please post here or PM me. Thanks, Lonnie Joe of CFE LLC
Morning:
If you are still looking for a couple of Christie Magazines I have several to sell.

Steve

lonniejt

UZI Talk Life Member
Tinkering with firearms can be a rewarding experience, and it's cool that you're considering a fixed stock and exploring options for a case, perhaps from Harbor Freight's Apache line.
Thanks! I hope to get this fine weapon sometime this year...DLO told me that he had re-submitted the package 3 times already. And, I am a "tinkerer"...got that from growing up on a Farm.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter