First test

Esox

Tom, that is soooo awesome! The other side benefit of this bolt is that it that it will be super easy for me to pick up my empty brass, they'll all be right at my feet in a nice little pile.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
It’s a very expensive alloy and the raw material price has increased a whopping 40% this year. I’d hoped the smaller A bolts would be less expensive than the previous M-11/9 CF-W bolts, but the cost increase killed that idea. I’m afraid the price of the M-10 bolt may be too prohibitive to produce. It’s one heavy bastard! Additionally, the extreme density makes machining the W stock an expensive and slow proposition. I’ve long said there’s nothing cheap about the CF-W bolt endeavor, and I’m not kidding. No one’s getting rich. It’s a labor of love.

I’ll put together a projected estimate in a week or two and start a thread to gauge interest. If I can’t get at least 25 commitments, this may not happen.

Last edited:

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
It’s a very expensive alloy and the raw material price has increased a whopping 40% this year. I’d hoped the smaller A bolts would be less expensive than the previous M-11/9 CF-W bolts, but the cost increase killed that idea. I’m afraid the price of the M-10 bolt may be too prohibitive to produce. It’s one heavy bastard! Additionally, the extreme density makes machining the W stock an expensive and slow proposition. I’ve long said there’s nothing cheap about the CF-W bolt endeavor, and I’m not kidding. No one’s getting rich. It’s a labor of love.

I’ll put together a projected estimate in a week or two and start a thread to gauge interest. If I can’t get at least 25 commitments, this may not happen.

Not sure what percentage of the cost was materials but good to know my bolts have appreciated in value!

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Know this is not a waiting list thread but I am in for 1

As a very good friend told me years ago, if something come up for sale that you want, buy all that you think you'll ever want, ever. Because if you wait you might miss out. Personally I'm in for three. If there is only going to be a limited run of 25, there might not be another one. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Do I "need" three? No but like the "A" bolt, this not necessarily going to be a regular stock item. So I bought three "A" bolts even though I don't own a M11A1. Who knows what the future brings. Since I took that advice to heart, I don't have that "I should have bought it when I had the chance" feeling. YMMV.

Scott

krazymac

Depending on price I may buy 2. I'd buy 1 no matter what it costs. And Tom I'd pay now if needed.

---Adam

K2

I'm in for one. Also.

Last edited:

boomer535

As a very good friend told me years ago, if something come up for sale that you want, buy all that you think you'll ever want, ever. Because if you wait you might miss out. Personally I'm in for three. If there is only going to be a limited run of 25, there might not be another one. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Do I "need" three? No but like the "A" bolt, this not necessarily going to be a regular stock item. So I bought three "A" bolts even though I don't own a M11A1. Who knows what the future brings. Since I took that advice to heart, I don't have that "I should have bought it when I had the chance" feeling. YMMV.

Scott

This is real good advise, these bolts will always at least keep their value. They would make selling a M11 or M10 even easier. The last thing I would like to say is that these bolts are just so pretty, a real work of art. Get these while you can you will never regret it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter