Fixed barrel spacer question

Ge-mini-gun

I must be a dumbass. I just got an SilencerCo fixed barrel spacer (AC22) for my Octane 9, with that said…it looks pretty straight forward to install. Unscrew the end cap, remove booster spring, drop spacer in and put cap back on. However the cap does not go on the whole way…probably a good 1/8 - 3/16 or more of an inch to go. Is this normal? Thanks for the help.

Ge-mini-gun

Know of a reason by chance? Seems like it should go flush as when the spring is installed.

Fishman

If it is flush, then it will require precision fitting. You don't want it to be below flush at all

Ge-mini-gun

The cap on it's own bottoms out and is flush with the body of the suppressor...put the spring in and you can fell when the cap makes contact with it...couple more turns and the cap bottoms out...flush. Put the spacer in and as mentioned close to 1/4" inch to go...interesting thing...spacer and spring are the same length, I would think the spacer should be shorter, but again I know nothing about it, hence the reason for my question here.

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
Your rear cap should be flush no matter what mount you are using. When you install your piston make sure that the teeth sit down in the grooves at the bottom of the chamber. You will have to twist it a little and you will feel them lock in. If not it will cause the issue you are having. Make sure to keep constant down pressure on the piston when you screw the rear cap on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter