FNC Extractor

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
1. Is the FNC extractor the same as the one for the M249. I see an old style and an also an “improved version” but nothing that says whether or not they’re interchangeable.

2. I took my extractor out and to my surprise there was a roll pin inside of a roll pin (holding the extractor in place). Is this normal to have two roll pins? If so, does anybody know the exact sizes?

Attachments

• IMG_1314.jpeg
    IMG_1314.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 8

paco

1) yes, should be compatible.

2) old types had a 2 piece rollpin. Later version had a dedicated pin. Ask fuatos for the pins. Little chance you find those sizes in the civilian market.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
1) yes, should be compatible.

2) old types had a 2 piece rollpin. Later version had a dedicated pin. Ask fuatos for the pins. Little chance you find those sizes in the civilian market.
Thank you, Paco

howdy

1. Is the FNC extractor the same as the one for the M249. I see an old style and an also an “improved version” but nothing that says whether or not they’re interchangeable.

2. I took my extractor out and to my surprise there was a roll pin inside of a roll pin (holding the extractor in place). Is this normal to have two roll pins? If so, does anybody know the exact sizes?
The improved version uses a new style guide pin that has a 45 degree slant at the front, and the extractor itself has a matched 45 degree cut in the guide pin slot on the backside. This is to give better leverage to the extractor in grabbing the case rim.
I recently got to see the differences first hand, thanks to everybody's favorite FNC parts guy ;) see photos below.
The original spring gets re-used with the "improved" parts.
If M249 extractor parts are compatible, that's a cool additional source for parts, however I think M249 parts are also hard to come by and expensive.
My bolt also uses the double nested roll pin. Seems like a strange design choice to me.
20230722_114001.jpg
20230722_114035.jpg
20230722_120629.jpg
You can even see the slanted guide pin peaking out from behind the extractor when installed in the bolt!

paco

The other type bolts are visible in my extended topic. The military bolt had different cross holes to fit the retainingpin

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter