Form 4 Approval Data Points with Old F/P cards

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
Just thought this would be interesting to the group......

Just recently bought a Mac 10 to both fill a hole in my collection -and- because I got it at a very decent price.

I had a leftover set of fingerprint cards which were made and signed in 2009. Because F/P cards are such a PIA to get an appointment for and have made at the local sheriff's office.....I decided to take a chance and submit the 2009 cards with the Form 4(s) for the Mac 10.

Here's the Timeline on the Approval:

Jul 27th - mailed in the Forms

Aug 10th - check cashed

Aug 28th - Form 4 approved

Sep 5th - picked up the Mac 10

39 days from dropping the Forms in the mail to picking up my Mac 10. The old days are here again....at least in the case of this transfer.

JohnFreeman

UZI Talk Supporter
Fingerprints probably don't change too much :)

Congrats! I'm still waiting for a Form IV sent in on April 27 (trust)

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
Just thought this would be interesting to the group......

Just recently bought a Mac 10 to both fill a hole in my collection -and- because I got it at a very decent price.

I had a leftover set of fingerprint cards which were made and signed in 2009. Because F/P cards are such a PIA to get an appointment for and have made at the local sheriff's office.....I decided to take a chance and submit the 2009 cards with the Form 4(s) for the Mac 10.

Here's the Timeline on the Approval:

Jul 27th - mailed in the Forms

Aug 10th - check cashed

Aug 28th - Form 4 approved

Sep 5th - picked up the Mac 10

39 days from dropping the Forms in the mail to picking up my Mac 10. The old days are here again....at least in the case of this transfer.

That's amazing!!! I'm still waiting on form 3s from June!!!

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member

Ya think? ;)

Yet.....every time I've seen an "expert" post on the matter, the prevailing opinion is F/P cards are only good for 1 year from the date of signing. I think this probably comes from a general misreading of the instructions (section 2 part g) for completing on the Form 4.

Regardless.....just wanted to throw out the data point that a Form 4 had been approved with 6+ year old F/P cards. And rather quickly at that!

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I just go back my Form 1 sent June 4th for correction, apparently the printer the ATF was using sent out the forms and they were screwed up, now I have to go back to the sheriff and have the corrected forms signed, 3 months of waiting already and I pay the price because the ATF made a mistake.

ccosby

Congrats! I'm still waiting for a Form IV sent in on April 27 (trust)

Yea really. I have two form 4's(trust as well) that were mailed off in the beginning of April. I forget when they went pending but they haven't come through yet(M10 and a 22 suppressor for another gun).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter