Freedom Ordnance FM-9 belt fed owners

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Mines still freaking awesome.
I love it.
Several thou full auto rnds thru mine.
Got some serious feed tray wear but still runs fine.
I think it's one of the best firearm accessories developed since the Lage goods.
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I guess since theres been NO news ...thats generally a good sign.

refresh;
I'm a beltfed fanatic.
Was a bunch of talk when these hit the market.
then crickets.... .... .... ...

I can't help but wonder why?
Small market and all are happy?

Make me buy one..they look great

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
Mines still freaking awesome... I love it. .. I think it's one of the best firearm accessories developed since the Lage goods.

Likewise here -- it's definitely one of my favorites. We've had no issues with it.

I just leave it set up with the tripod mount and spade grips... so much fun.

FreedomJosh

soo....

I'm thinking about one of these.

Whats the latest input?

Working great?
Still in biz with support?
No problems?

How to adapt to the new lage upper........hmmmmmm

Although I no longer work there full time I am a dealer and can hook you up with both a good deal and can answer any questions. Freedom is still up and running selling a ton of FX-9 carbines which is actually taking up the majority of their machine time. Last time I talked with the guys a month ago they only had 10 belt feds in stock. If you already bought one you can still contact me for support as the belt fed is something I take pride in as I was with the company from day 1 and was part of all the r&d.

MD66948

Anyone ever reload 9mm for their Freedom Ordance 9mm belt fed uppers?

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes. I exclusively shoot my reloads.
Super crappy range brass ( 30 shot , anyone? ), titegroup, xtreme copper plated 115RN.
No issues.

It’s the same load I use for my Uzi, MP5, & other SMGs.
The load is my standard.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
How long do the links last?

I would love them to do a M11/9 or M11A1 upper, especially M11A1. You could imagine what a fun little compact gun that would make. No worries about cook offs.

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
I have yet to replace any bc of wear. I have maybe 3k links.
Originally they stated good for 3 shoots if I recall.
Therefore I used to keep them separated by # of shots...batches.
Bc I’m lazy and that’s just asking too much from me I quit. Just mixed them up.
No problems though. Later they upgraded them or at least said they were now good for 5+ shots.
I honestly don’t know how many shots I’ve gotten on mine but they are all mixed up. I have 2 batches. New and used, only.
I’ve been shooting the used ones exclusively for yrs.

I think the bigger issue is fragility when they are on the ground. Step on them and they bend/get ruined. Just use a tarp. Easy.

Bottom line : I was quite dismayed and concerned about the links advertised life...but it hasn’t been an issue.

I’m not a huge volume FM9 ...now maybe 2-3x /yr but when I do bring it out I shoot a lot...1k rnds a session or so.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
How long do the links last?

I would love them to do a M11/9 or M11A1 upper, especially M11A1. You could imagine what a fun little compact gun that would make. No worries about cook offs.

That would be a rather tall order, I would think. Since the FM-9 is AR based, I would think that the mechanism could adapted a Max-11/15 type of upper. The big problem is how many units would be sold? It would be so hard to spread R&D costs over 50 to 100 units. I could be wrong, but this is a very small niche market. What is the percentage M16 owners have a FM-9? I would think that the vast majority of FM-9 owners are semi auto. Since most RR M11/NINEs are open bolt and all the semi auto M11/NINEs are closed bolt, there wouldn't be any semi auto sales for the RR machinegun design. So I don't know as that would be lucrative enough to get Freedom Ordinance design it. YMMV.

Scott

FreedomJosh

I feel like Ive been stuck in a lamp for 1000 years. Hope all the FM-9 owners are doing well

Galil#1

I bet/wish Richard is working on a belt fed (any centerfire caliber) for the MAC family... be yet another Masterpiece added to his Masterstroke Genius MAC world! - One can only further dream! What do you folks think?

Galil#1

That would be a rather tall order, I would think. Since the FM-9 is AR based, I would think that the mechanism could adapted a Max-11/15 type of upper. The big problem is how many units would be sold? It would be so hard to spread R&D costs over 50 to 100 units. I could be wrong, but this is a very small niche market. What is the percentage M16 owners have a FM-9? I would think that the vast majority of FM-9 owners are semi auto. Since most RR M11/NINEs are open bolt and all the semi auto M11/NINEs are closed bolt, there wouldn't be any semi auto sales for the RR machinegun design. So I don't know as that would be lucrative enough to get Freedom Ordinance design it. YMMV.

Scott
IMHO build it and they will come. M10 over M11 too, more steel etc.? Reckon someone will sooner or later. Wonder how many folks thus far got MAX 10/15 and 11/15 - same market niche, folks that don't have $60K+ and limitless funds for the "classic" belt feds. Will hope and see...

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I reread the whole thread. So Josh, you are no longer with Freedom Ordinance, just a dealer. Is the point of resurrecting this thread to try and get interest in the FM-9 beltfed upper going again? I am a little lost here. If that is true, in looking at the website, there doesn't seem to be any parts in stock, including links. The only in stock parts I could find was the firing pin assembly.

I guess it is a good thing that the original manufacturer is still in business. But I don't see much support for this original product. So why would I buy one if I don't see any support? A friend has one an FM-9. It is a lot of fun. But being worried about support was why I didn't buy one. No support is the reason many small manufacturers go out of business. Why buy a new product, when the company doesn't support their older products? Alliance Armament comes to mind.

So what is your point of resurrecting this thread years later with no support for a product that has not been in stock for years?

Scott

FreedomJosh

I reread the whole thread. So Josh, you are no longer with Freedom Ordinance, just a dealer. Is the point of resurrecting this thread to try and get interest in the FM-9 beltfed upper going again? I am a little lost here. If that is true, in looking at the website, there doesn't seem to be any parts in stock, including links. The only in stock parts I could find was the firing pin assembly.

I guess it is a good thing that the original manufacturer is still in business. But I don't see much support for this original product. So why would I buy one if I don't see any support? A friend has one an FM-9. It is a lot of fun. But being worried about support was why I didn't buy one. No support is the reason many small manufacturers go out of business. Why buy a new product, when the company doesn't support their older products? Alliance Armament comes to mind.

So what is your point of resurrecting this thread years later with no support for a product that has not been in stock for years?

Scott
I came back to Freedom in April of 2022. Support has never stopped for the belt fed the reason parts are out of stock currently is to support the current owners, we serviced a belt fed a couple weeks ago. I think we have worked on 3 or 4 since ive been back. We have more than enough parts for that. New products in the works? We have some things. The 9mm belt fed is not gone it has just been dormant as our FX9 absorbed all the machines we have. We have 3 directions we can take the product which is the current debate. I still have my beltfed and have no plans to sell it. I don't have a timeline it is what it is but there is some rustling around ill say that.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Sorry Josh, I'm just not following. So there is parts for repair but there are no plans to renew production? If there are the possibility of three different ways to go, why not discuss them? If two of the options don't get any real interest, and the third gets overwhelming interest, that might help make a decision.

Since you posted this here, I am guessing these options would be for the AR-15/M16 platform? Have Freedom Ordinance considered other firearm platforms? Just a thought.

Scott

FreedomJosh

Sorry Josh, I'm just not following. So there is parts for repair but there are no plans to renew production? If there are the possibility of three different ways to go, why not discuss them? If two of the options don't get any real interest, and the third gets overwhelming interest, that might help make a decision.

Since you posted this here, I am guessing these options would be for the AR-15/M16 platform? Have Freedom Ordinance considered other firearm platforms? Just a thought.

Scott
When we launched the belt fed we had a year and a half of R&D but never told anyone. People thought it was fake when we launched because it was never talked about we just went in to production and started selling. We have taken that approach to products we are currently developing. I am not here looking for feedback, we didn't ask anyone if they wanted it when we made the first one we went with our gut lol. I was just coming to see how customers were doing and get back in to the forums for general discussion. Not everything I do even under a work account has to be work related.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Certainly, it is good to hear from someone "on the inside " to keep us informed. You guys certainly can decide how to run your business. The concern that I raised, it was great that you told us that warranty/repair work has parts to work with even though the website doesn't list any parts in stock.

Being a potential buyer for the FM-9, having no units available, no expected in stock date, and the company is developing other products, isn't good news. So is there any inside information about when your flag ship product would return?

Scott

FreedomJosh

Certainly, it is good to hear from someone "on the inside " to keep us informed. You guys certainly can decide how to run your business. The concern that I raised, it was great that you told us that warranty/repair work has parts to work with even though the website doesn't list any parts in stock.

Being a potential buyer for the FM-9, having no units available, no expected in stock date, and the company is developing other products, isn't good news. So is there any inside information about when your flag ship product would return?

Scott
As I mentioned the parts are out of stock as we have reserved what is in current inventory for warranty. We will always have or make parts to sustain warranty work at a very minimum. I do not have information to share at this time about belt fed products aside from what I mentioned earlier, we have ideas of what we want to do.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter