Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

Generalzip

My buddy has an old Vortex9 which I think is also K baffle got so heavy it would no longer cycle on his Beretta. Ended up jail breaking it on my lathe to get to cleaned out and working again. Good luck with your endeavors.
Wow that's wild. How many round did he put through it? I'd imagine soaking/sonicating in a carbon solvent would loosen everything up and once dry shooting a round would knock a ton or crap loose. Curious, did you try to clean chemically at all first?

MG34_Dan

What grip wrap is that and does it have enough pressure to hold the grip safety down? Was thinking about doing something similar with athletic tape.
It's an old Glock 17 rubber grip band. It is very soft and stretchy. No, it does not hold the grip safety down. You must still squeeze the grip to disengage the grip safety.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Wow that's wild. How many round did he put through it? I'd imagine soaking/sonicating in a carbon solvent would loosen everything up and once dry shooting a round would knock a ton or crap loose. Curious, did you try to clean chemically at all first?
I didn't try as it wasn't my can. However, my Gemtech Trinity had the same problem and I think I did try chemically soaking it with I think Ed's red a long time ago and it didn't work and had to have it jailbroken also.
Another point is that if there is a baffle strike, I can make a new baffle as an FFL / SOT or take it another SOT to fix it. You need to find a wizard like Ecco to fix welded cans if the manufacturer goes out of business which I never thought all the main people at Gemtech would end up selling to SW and it not like it used to be.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve had k baffles in ultra sonic cleaner for hours and hours and would alternate ever now in then to a tumbler with stainless steel media. Wet tumbled them for 24 hours (give it take) on and off with little to no effect. It was so long that the edges of the K baffles wouldn’t stay clicked in.

Now if you’re referring to the DIP, that’ll work but it’s on the dangerous/hazardous side.

Last edited:

Generalzip

I didn't try as it wasn't my can. However, my Gemtech Trinity had the same problem and I think I did try chemically soaking it with I think Ed's red a long time ago and it didn't work and had to have it jailbroken also.
Another point is that if there is a baffle strike, I can make a new baffle as an FFL / SOT or take it another SOT to fix it. You need to find a wizard like Ecco to fix welded cans if the manufacturer goes out of business which I never thought all the main people at Gemtech would end up selling to SW and it not like it used to be.
Exactly why I buy and use SiCo cans. I’ve only ever had 1 baffle strike on an olddd SWR can before they were SiCo and they repaired it within a week and even upgraded it with a new mount and Charlie front cap and pretty sure turned it into a saker basically for free which is badass.

Sick can repair all of their cans from a baffle strike. They simple cut and re weld new baffles on

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter