Galils Israeli War

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
I remember when Tavors first came to the US, everyone acted like they were the best thing since sliced bread. If I ever get a bull pup, it will be a Steyr AUG. An SOT somewhat recently tried to sell me a Tavor in 308. No thanks.
The Tavor 7 is an excellent platform. Mine is less than 1/2" groups at 100 meters. The original SAR was also more accurate than the X95.
As far as I'm concerned if I had to choose a SHTF firearm it is between the Tavor 7 & my Galil in 7.62. Just depends which one is closer to my hand.

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
That’s probably why if you look at the latest orders of the IDF x95 model put into service has a 15”-16” barrel, modified US SBR picantinny handguard, and the full length SBR picantinny top rail, and pistol grip, not the “AUG” type.
The reason for going to the longer barrel actually had to do with the way the IDF trained it's soldiers to approach corners. They don't cut the pie like they teach here. The hit the corner, jamming the weapon against the wall & cut the corner. Problem was with the shorter barrels soldiers were short on their approach & were "cutting concrete" being that everything there is stone. It was causing eye injuries & they decided that the longer barrel should prevent that from happening.

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
The reason for going to the longer barrel actually had to do with the way the IDF trained it's soldiers to approach corners. They don't cut the pie like they teach here. The hit the corner, jamming the weapon against the wall & cut the corner. Problem was with the shorter barrels soldiers were short on their approach & were "cutting concrete" being that everything there is stone. It was causing eye injuries & they decided that the longer barrel should prevent that from happening.
https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-776985
They don't come out and really explain the reason, but everything there is made of stone. Soldiers need to get used to wearing their eye pro ALL THE TIME.
When my son went to Afghanistan we spent close to $3k on prescription eye wear. Easy solution to prevent blindness.

Stenman

The Tavor 7 is an excellent platform. Mine is less than 1/2" groups at 100 meters. The original SAR was also more accurate than the X95.
As far as I'm concerned if I had to choose a SHTF firearm it is between the Tavor 7 & my Galil in 7.62. Just depends which one is closer to my hand.
Every Tavor owner in Canada I speak to says the Tavor is a 4 MOA rifle.

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
Every Tavor owner in Canada I speak to says the Tavor is a 4 MOA rifle.
The Tavor X95 is about a 3 MOA. I've never heard anyone claim the 7 is that bad. At worse I've heard 1.5" which is about the same as a M1A, SCAR, Galil in 7.62x51 or for that matter just about every other "military" 7.62 rifle. I have two Tavor 7s and both are quite accurate.
You might want to ask which of the 3 Tavors they are talking about. My SAR is also about a 1.5" rifle. Yes the X95 is not a precision rifle by any stretch.

Bret

I remember when Tavors first came to the US, everyone acted like they were the best thing since sliced bread. If I ever get a bull pup, it will be a Steyr AUG. An SOT somewhat recently tried to sell me a Tavor in 308. No thanks.
Don't try to limit yourself. I have them all and they're all fun.

Pavia

I got my X95 shooting fairly decent, but it took a bit of work. It’s not as accurate as my Aug, but close. My KelTec RDBs have been the most accurate and pleasant to shoot for an out of the box bullpup.
IMG_1387.jpeg

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
I got my X95 shooting fairly decent, but it took a bit of work. It’s not as accurate as my Aug, but close. My KelTec RDBs have been the most accurate and pleasant to shoot for an out of the box bullpup.
View attachment 39752
Probably one of the best rifles/firearms that have come from KelTec. Really like this & the 7.62 version. Maybe not military quality, but really nice rifles.

Zohan

Israel gets US military aid some of it comes in the form of m4. This makes M4 basically free. IDF still prefers Tavor over a free M4. Front line units get Tavor. Anyone who needs a gun (rear units, reserves, police) but is less likely to see combat gets an M4.

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter