Gauging interest in an adjustable bolt

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
When wheel wells were modified, original rims were pitched as were original exhaust systems when the bodies were modified to install side pipes (which was another fairly common aftermarket modification). Upgrading the carburation from a single four barrel carb to "three deuces" generally resulted in the original carb and intake manifold being scrapped or sold.
In any case, on the MAC's the hole drilled in the rear plate for the TASK modification was specifically mentioned. And one can only store so many gun parts before the gun room gets full.
MHO, YMMV, etc.
I’ve seen more than one instance where guys are so eager to dress up their gun with the LAGE upper that they purchase the upper before they even get the gun to their FFL/SOT, then when the gun arrives they have their FFL/SOT install the LAGE and let them keep the “old” parts. I’ve seen a guy saying he did this with an original RPB 2 stage too. He also painted his lower receiver to match his LAGE upper… on a powder springs gun….. literally zero interest or respect for the original design. It is just a trigger pack for the 10/15 upper. I wonder if those 10/15 5.56 uppers are eventually gonna beat the shit out of these 50 year old powder springs frames?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I wonder what it would take to get a thread called off topic and every time something is derailed it could somehow get moved.
It’s not really “derailed”, the concept of not wanting to modify or permanently alter the gun (what is being discussed) is part of what makes OPs bolt more desirable and that is why it’s being discussed in the first place. It’s not like we are talking about the weather. I don’t think there’s much else to be said about OPs bolt until he is willing to actually discuss it, and loosely describe how it works without providing specifics, which he is apparently unable to do yet. It’s kind of difficult to gauge people’s interest in something when you can’t really provide much in the way of details about it. Yes, people are interested in slowing the gun down, but knowing how the thing works, whether or not it’s a complex finicky mechanism or something simple and reliable that can stand up to 1000s of rounds without issue, will also have a major influence on whether or not people are interested. We have 4 pages of people saying they’re interested in a slow fire bolt (which I think everyone knew long before this thread existed, like decades before), god forbid we have 1 page of some discussion about what we are interested in about the upgrade and why. 😒

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I mean it was 1986, all transferables will be legally C&R once they are 50 years old, and that occurs in May of 2036, which is only 8 years out.
Sorry, I thought that I could let this go, but I can't. Your math is a little bit off. May 19, 1986 plus 50 years is 2036. But 2036 - 2024 = 12 years not eight 😏.

Scott

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Sorry, I thought that I could let this go, but I can't. Your math is a little bit off. May 19, 1986 plus 50 years is 2036. But 2036 - 2024 = 12 years not eight 😏.

Scott
Lol you're right! Well at least I got the important part right ;-)

Now back on topic, how's the prototype coming?

ktk120

Since were off topic already lol....the 50 years thing starts by the date on the gun if it has one not the year it was registered on the registry right? So a 1973 dated M10 powder springs gun is over 50 right?

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Year of manufacture.

On a MAC you can tell by the serial number; the first digit after the dash is the last digit of the year of manufacture (more or less*). Ex. 1-3021578 would be a .45 caliber made in 1973 (the 1 before the dash is the model, .45 caliber M-10 in this case; the 3 after the dash is for 1973). {Ref. Mac Man page 154]

*apparently guns were batch registered, usually before hand, so some might have been registered and then actually manufactured. I would just try to avoid claiming that your gun is a C&R the day that you think that it was made. In 2024 it's probably safe to say that all '3' guns are over 50 years old.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter