Got Your Lage MAX-10/15 Yet?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
6105587949_b5ce592ef3_o.jpg

ROTFLOL. Those kittens!

Fulliautomatix

So what are you folks leaning towards for your 10/15? Internal Recoil Mechanism (IRM) or AR Recoil Mechanism (ARRM)? IRM requires no modifications to your registered receiver, ARRM requires a 5/16" hole to be drilled, and allows you to use different AR buffers & springs to tweak your performance.

Galil#1

IRM here 110%.
No hole drilling or goofy AR tubes or dicking around on SMG for sure.
Only Tweaks are non-invasive not too much, i.e. adding VBSs and such, Not a Gunsmith or play one on TV.

Last edited:

Deerhurst

Probably IRM so I'm not tied to a buffer tube. My M10 already has a TASK setup in it. I have a lead filled carbine buffer in it now with a MOE fixed carbine stock. Wouldn't mind going to a folder.

JohnnyE

UZI Talk Supporter
During the rollout of the MAX-11/15 for the M-11/9 I don't recall seeing any posts expressing buyer's remorse over the recoil mechanism, or really about anything involving the MAX-11/15.

Since it appears folks are happy with their choices, since I'd like to run it folded, I am confident I'll be happy with the IRM.

Now, if anyone can point to folks with strong opinions one way or the other, I'm all ears.

Dropsith

That m10 cost more than both my current vehicles combined so I have a hard time adjusting to the idea of making permanent modifications. That said, I'm a tinkerer and would like to be able to experiment with different parts combinations. Mr.Lage and his warranty might not like that but I suppose that voiding warranties comes with calling yourself a tinkerer =P

Expanding on JohnnyE's question, have any MAX-11/15 users had experiences changing calibers or tuning buffers that made them regret their IRM/ARM decision? I have plenty of time to overthink this while they work through the wait list!

Deerhurst

From what I've found most AR15 calibers don't require any buffer or spring changes or just minor tweaks. I've run calibers from 7.62x25 to 5.45 to 556 to 7.62russian without changing a thing in my lower. All running rifle buffers. I don't believe my buddy does anything special for his 6mm Arc stuff or other oddities he runs in the AR15. I expect the Max10/15 will be the same.and in turn the Max11/15.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
From what I've found most AR15 calibers don't require any buffer or spring changes or just minor tweaks. I've run calibers from 7.62x25 to 5.45 to 556 to 7.62russian without changing a thing in my lower. All running rifle buffers. I don't believe my buddy does anything special for his 6mm Arc stuff or other oddities he runs in the AR15. I expect the Max10/15 will be the same.and in turn the Max11/15.

This is an observation of a DIAS owner. IMHO there is a huge difference between running different calibers in a semi AR and running different calibers in full auto. An adjustable gas block, which Lage has included, is certainly helpful. To significantly alter ROF, I have found that adjusting spring rates and changing the mass of the bolt group can have a more significant impact on ROF than simply adjusting the gas going into the system. I think Lage has done a fantastic job making an internal recoil system that does not require modification of the receiver. That recoil system is specifically designed for the factory configuration. I believe it has been stated over and over again about the Max-11/15, the internal recoil system is for the factory configuration. If you want to use other calibers or want big changes in ROF, having all the AR options of buffer and spring rates would be best. This has been recommended by many respected members of this board. Could an owner get other barrel lengths and calibers to run with the internal recoil system? I would think so. But the AR recoil system has so many buffer and spring combinations to give more options of ROF. I think that it is up to the buyer to decide what direction their experience would best be satisfied with.

Scott

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
During Beta Testing, different barrel lengths and calibers were tried from 8-1/2” to 16” barrel lengths and light grain 5.56 up to .458 SOCOM. All worked with the IRM. I believe the tweaking that people refer to, is people who want to reduce the recoil/RPM a little more. I do not believe you will get better than a 5-10% improvement.

Galil#1

During Beta Testing, different barrel lengths and calibers were tried from 8-1/2” to 16” barrel lengths and light grain 5.56 up to .458 SOCOM. All worked with the IRM. I believe the tweaking that people refer to, is people who want to reduce the recoil/RPM a little more. I do not believe you will get better than a 5-10% improvement.

Perhaps also be a real good market for the different "common" caliber uppers for the M10, example 7.62x39mm would be universally popular? (We know human nature, the next 10 posters will ask for 10 different wildcat/uncommon type cartridges and to be 3D printed.) However, for such a different/multi caliber kit... would it need to go through the entire ATF "approval" process? = Major time+ and Major PIA etc. etc. - It's not a dog, but please don't off another kitty lol. Thank you!

Last edited:

Deerhurst

This is an observation of a DIAS owner. IMHO there is a huge difference between running different calibers in a semi AR and running different calibers in full auto. An adjustable gas block, which Lage has included, is certainly helpful. To significantly alter ROF, I have found that adjusting spring rates and changing the mass of the bolt group can have a more significant impact on ROF than simply adjusting the gas going into the system. I think Lage has done a fantastic job making an internal recoil system that does not require modification of the receiver. That recoil system is specifically designed for the factory configuration. I believe it has been stated over and over again about the Max-11/15, the internal recoil system is for the factory configuration. If you want to use other calibers or want big changes in ROF, having all the AR options of buffer and spring rates would be best. This has been recommended by many respected members of this board. Could an owner get other barrel lengths and calibers to run with the internal recoil system? I would think so. But the AR recoil system has so many buffer and spring combinations to give more options of ROF. I think that it is up to the buyer to decide what direction their experience would best be satisfied with.

Scott

Interesting. I'll have to play with some M16s at my SOT's house. He would be down to try some stuff.

With open bolt sub gun stuff in my Mac I've found little to no RPM changes with different buffers and springs in my task setup which is the same as non IRM. Only real difference is more recoil when it's hitting the back of the tube hard and short stroking on the other end.

That is why I run the Max10/31 90+% of the time.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Interesting. I'll have to play with some M16s at my SOT's house. He would be down to try some stuff.

With open bolt sub gun stuff in my Mac I've found little to no RPM changes with different buffers and springs in my task setup which is the same as non IRM. Only real difference is more recoil when it's hitting the back of the tube hard and short stroking on the other end.

That is why I run the Max10/31 90+% of the time.

I will make a separate thread, so as not to clutter this thread.

Scott

Galil#1

$10K ha, nope sorry Lage does not allow such things - rightfully so friend...

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
Very Nice! Would be same with a pending MAX-10/15?

What silencer is that? - Looks nice and compact yet effective.

The only change was the barrel and BCG so I think it would work with the MAX-10/15.

Silencer is an Omega K.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I am #6 on the A1 list, and I am giving my fishing gear the side-eye as something from the toys pile will have to go to make it happen ;-)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter