Gun Insurance?

redweirdbeard

Do any of you have a separate insurance policy just for your guns? I only ask because over the weekend my mother-in-laws house burned to the ground. So it has made think about it. My allstate insurance has a "sportmans package" that pays up to 25k for guns. But I have more than that especially after buying my FA UZI. I have a great safe but I watched a lot of youtube over the weekend and found that a lot of the guns don't make it after a fire even in a really good safe. Do you have any recommendations for gun insurance? Thanks!!!

pmf

Collectibles Insurance

I've never made a claim with them -- which is the true test of how good your policy is. I've never heard anything good about All State.

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
I received quotes from both CIS and Eastern a couple of years ago.

Eastern was a bit cheaper, but I liked CIS a bit better, so I went with them.

$630 / year for 100k in firearm insurance and they also cover some of my other collectible goodies, as well. They've honored that price since 2021.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I received quotes from both CIS and Eastern a couple of years ago.

Eastern was a bit cheaper, but I liked CIS a bit better, so I went with them.

$630 / year for 100k in firearm insurance and they also cover some of my other collectible goodies, as well. They've honored that price since 2021.
Damn, that’s not bad at all.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
I use Collectibles Insurance as well. Rates are reasonable in my opinion. One bonus is they cover in bound shipments. Some of the auction houses charge outrageous premiums to insure MGs being shipped to you. Read your policy and look at the limitations, but it has saved me quite a bit being to waive insurance on firearms being shipped to me or my SOT, knowing they are covered by my collectibles policy.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I don't have any MGs, but USAA has, IMHO, very reasonable rates. The only caveat is that you have to be a US Military Veteran, or be related to one who has a policy with them.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter