Help in identifying UZI

oscyp

Hi,
can anyone please tell me what type/version and production date of this specific UZI can be? Also what do the other marks mean?

jIZznqF.jpg

vUpqBFv.jpg

TwPfIlR.jpg

QtgziD3.jpg

ENDzNtg.jpg

blfuller

It is a model A UZI made by Israeli Military Industries or IMI (now known as IWI). The lettering is Hebrew and translates as follows:
The Isreali Defense Forces emblem is at the top.
First line reads "UZI SUBMACHINE GUN" (abbreviation)
Second line reads: "NUMBER 2, VERSION 3"
Third line is the military number (abbreviation).

The other ink stamps are inspection stamps.

The selector markings are from left to right OTOMATIT (automatic), BODEDET (single) and NATZUR (safe).

Last edited:

oscyp

Thank you so much for your response!

Is it possible to determine the production year?

Willjoe21

Hi,
can anyone please tell me what type/version and production date of this specific UZI can be? Also what do the other marks mean?

jIZznqF.jpg

vUpqBFv.jpg

TwPfIlR.jpg

QtgziD3.jpg

ENDzNtg.jpg

That is a very cool UZI you have there, I like that it has the Hebrew markings on it. Is this a rare or harder to find Uzi than the ones that were imported by Action Arms?

oscyp

This version is not and probably won't ever be distributed in US.
I am from UE territory and it was directly imported from Israel Defence Forces by one of our local merchant ;)
I just wanted to gather some more info about this particular one.

blfuller

That is a very cool UZI you have there, I like that it has the Hebrew markings on it. Is this a rare or harder to find Uzi than the ones that were imported by Action Arms?

Due to import regulations established by the BATFE, firearms imported into the US must be marked with the country of origin, model, manufacturer, caliber and importer in English and if they are a machine gun, there's more red tape. Essentially you will not find them marked as such in the US.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter