How do I know if this mac has been sten converted or not? I only have pics.

Brockak47

So, I just got an email my M11/22 kit was done, but it says they need to know if it is sten converted or not. Quite honestly I have no idea, I asked the seller and he really has no idea either [lol at us I know]. I have some pics of the gun which is my only point of reference as the seller is out of country at the moment.

z8FmshA.jpg

n7QecIG.jpg

Thanks yall

greenpeas

UZI Talk Life Member
It doesn't look Sten converted to me. Here's a pic of my Sten converted M11/9. I thought Sten convterted mag wells have the swells for the Sten mag stops?

The magazine in your photo certainly looks like a Sten magazine.

Attachments

• max11tok2.jpg
    max11tok2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 180

Brockak47

Uh oh so the magazine looks like a sten magazine, but the grip does not. Odd. I was told by the seller he did not believe it was converted and that the magazine is heavy steel and that it runs great.

rsideout

UZI Talk Life Member
Be careful with a seller who can not answer your questions and is "out of the country" so he can't check the gun to confirm. Hopefully all is legit, but don't hesitate to check twice if something seems wrong. Asking for a picture of the gun taken at a certain angle is a quick way to spot a fraudulent seller who is just using old photos.

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
It's not converted. The back of the magwell is inline with the back of the ejection port. But to make sure, have the owner measure the magwell front to back. It should be around 1.5" if not converted. And that mag is a converted PAM2 mag.

Regardless, I'm sure Richard will get you the correct mag if you end up getting the wrong one.

Brockak47

Thank you all very much for the help. As for the owner being legit yes I believe he is. He lives only a few hours away in the next county over and has offered for me to come up and put some rounds through I just haven't taken him up on the offer. I only have 200 dollars down on the gun & the cost of the two stamps. The rest of the payment will be paid upon me picking it up when the stamps come in, I even offered to pay in full from the get go... (right around 149 days since I went pending Apr 11 2013, prior to that the check was cash on the 26th of Feb).

So let me make sure I got this right, Non converted, and the magazine is a converted PAM2. So that's good news for me since I have a small box of madsen mags.

Thanks again all of you for the help

FWIW browsing this site the last quarter of the previous year made me pull the trigger so to say on buying this mac/suppressor as my first NFA purchases.

UZI SBR AWC

This magwell is same part Sam used to do mine back in 2004 (Sten)... getting ready to go GLOCK mag for 9mm and 40S&W

I borrowed the pic from above, too lazy to find pic of my gun..

attachment.php

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm going to go against the consensus here. I believe it is a Sten converted M-11/9.
Take a close look at the backstrap. About an inch up from the bottom, you can see the serrations from the mag' catch. I have seen Sten conversions done this way versus having the typical longer mag catch. Craig Wheatly conversions use a slab sided magwell that he custom fabricated. There were metal shims welded to the inside. Also, if you look closely at the mag' in the picture, it has a mag' stop on the side. The PAM-2 mag's do not.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter