Information on MK760 Semi Auto?

azakms

I'm looking for more information on the semi auto open bolt MK760 manufactured in the early 1980s. I've looked online and can not find enough information about them.

jolague

According to a Small Arms Review article, it appears that MK Arms did in fact make some open bolt semi-auto carbines for submission to the ATF technology branch on the cusp of the 1982 semi-auto open bolt ruling. Are there any still out there? Who knows, but the grand market of them were closed bolt semis.

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
According to a Small Arms Review article, it appears that MK Arms did in fact make some open bolt semi-auto carbines for submission to the ATF technology branch on the cusp of the 1982 semi-auto open bolt ruling. Are there any still out there? Who knows, but the grand market of them were closed bolt semis.

From the article linked:

"However, the BATF deemed the early production MK-760 semi-auto series illegal because of the open-bolt deign and that the weapons violated the 1982 BATF ruling on open bolt semi-autos. The remaining inventory of open-bolt semiautomatic-only weapons MK Arms had in storage were either converted for sale as a SMG before 1986 or kept for parts for their new semiautomatic-only design."

I'm pretty sure none of them ever made it "into the wild" .......About 15 years ago I ran across a dealer at a show selling an "open bolt semi" MK760 ....but upon examination it was clearly visible where the blocking bar had been peeled out of the inside of the receiver, and the two spots where the spot welds were had been ground smooth ......hard pass on that one

The most interesting part of that article was one little snippet:

"In the early 70’s, the MAC Corporation did produce an open bolt semiautomatic-only Swedish ‘K’ that was made in extremely limited numbers, and these weapons have faded into obscurity"

jolague

"In the early 70’s, the MAC Corporation did produce an open bolt semiautomatic-only Swedish ‘K’ that was made in extremely limited numbers, and these weapons have faded into obscurity"
Yes, indeed the most curious part of the article. I would love to see an example of one if there is one still out there. I don't recall coming across that in THE MAC MAN book, either.

ferndog1

UZI Talk Supporter

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter