Lage has been around long enough that early uppers are now collector items

Galil#1

Nice!
It's a Beauty for sure... Steel vs. the current aluminum clamshell small screws... YES! Would be a good small market for Gen 1 Steel IMHO.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
That surprises me. I have a gen 1 10/45 with the metal foregrip and side rails. Wonder what it's worth.

I'm curious why some people like the steelies more?

Last edited:

Galil#1

You never know... mark it for $5K on funbroker.com see what happens... IF No Go, make it down $4K see what happens... Be worth more/much more than what you paid for it at the very least. Have fun!

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
A Lage MAX-31A mk2 upper went for over $3,000 on GunBroker last year.

Galil#1

Ture; however, it's been a long history of folks "overpaying" for stuff... especially the Trans. and even the Per May items. Reckon the Post items are now "cheap" vs. the other two categories. Again, no limits what people pay for. STEIN guns like $15K now, MACs like $10K now etc. you get the point.

MACchat

Ture; however, it's been a long history of folks "overpaying" for stuff... especially the Trans. and even the Per May items. Reckon the Post items are now "cheap" vs. the other two categories. Again, no limits what people pay for. STEIN guns like $15K now, MACs like $10K now etc. you get the point.

Yeah but registered receivers are different than uppers...

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
Nicer? Lighter? More user friendly… better in any operational way? Yes…

But there’s something cool about them old steel uppers… how they kinda match the technology look and feel of the Mac family.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Weren't Lage 22 kits going for almost $2000 last year?

Some people are just willing to pay to have what they want when they want it. The idea of waiting six months just doesn't work with them.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
The aluminum lage uppers are great for the weight. The steel Lage uppers are great for the ease of customization.

I love my gen 1 Max-11A1. It need some TLC after about 10 years and 60K rounds. I put 24K rounds through it this year alone. Awesome sauce Lage Mfg. My OEM upper only lasted 10K rounds.

Thank you Lage MFG.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
The aluminum lage uppers are great for the weight. The steel Lage uppers are great for the ease of customization.

I love my gen 1 Max-11A1. It need some TLC after about 10 years and 60K rounds. I put 24K rounds through it this year alone. Awesome sauce Lage Mfg. My OEM upper only lasted 10K rounds.

Thank you Lage MFG.

Wait what broke on your OEM?

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Opps. I mentioned the wrong upper. I ment my gen 1 steel Max-31A1 that I converted to a MAx-31K. After 10 years, I only needed to reweld the bolt notch with tool steel and replace the extractor (still works) but the hook and extractor spring is worn.

I do keep a bag of al the worn out lower parts. There is quite a bit of broken/worn lower receiver parts in the bag.

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
On mine, it warped from heat. Thin sheet. One side bent inward when hot slowing the bolt.

Mine bent the front of the ejection port from catching some crap 9mm brass (maybe steel) between the bolt and the front of the port; nothing a hammer couldn't fix. That's why I love my 1st gen Max 11A1, it's all steel and anything broken or bent can be fixed by me with a welder or a hammer.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter