Lage Max 10/45 rate of fire changes

Slowmo

The Max 10/45 upper that is currently advertised by Lage is described as having a 750 rpm rate of fire. Digging around in old threads, it appears they used to offer different options. I believe one was around 600 rpm and one was around 800 rpm. Does anyone know why the different options were discontinued? Is it still possible to slow the new Max 10/45 down to 600 rpm? Is there any advantage in doing so?

LawBob

Re m10

The old upper you could get the speed bolt with aluminum plate or the regular one with steel plate above the bolt

The new one was only offered as is (thinner steel plate than the mk1).

I think— my guess — lage was able to tweak it with springs instead.

On the m11 mk2 you can use VBS for diff rof.

ATCDoktor

I’ve got a first generation Lage M10/45 with both two bolts, the “speed” bolt and the “heavy” bolt.

Here’s a vid of the speed bolt I made more than 10 years ago with my CAC 45 attached (I believe it runs around 900 rpm’s but I’ve never evaluated the ROF).

It appears that I didn’t make a video of the heavy bolt (which I find odd) maybe the file got corrupted, idk.

That said, here’s a vid (not mine) of the first Gen MAX10/45 with the heavy bolt.

As far as I’m concerned, the speed bolt is better for smoothening out the “ride” so to speak.

The heavy bolt provides a slow choppy cadence that (with full power 230 grain handloads) bounces the gun in a way that I do not prefer.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Slowmo

Thanks for the feedback. It's interesting in the video with the slow bolt, you can hear someone say, "That's way too slow," at the end. Sounds like the current 750rpm version might not be missing out on anything. That was partly what I was trying to get to by asking if there was any advantage to slowing the gun down further to 600rpm or so. I know many people think certain guns run smoother at higher ROF, like a fullsize Uzi for example.

Also, I wonder if the thinner weight on top of the new versions has to do with going to an aluminum receiver, which I assume has thicker walls than the steel version.

LawBob

Thanks for the feedback. It's interesting in the video with the slow bolt, you can hear someone say, "That's way too slow," at the end. Sounds like the current 750rpm version might not be missing out on anything. That was partly what I was trying to get to by asking if there was any advantage to slowing the gun down further to 600rpm or so. I know many people think certain guns run smoother at higher ROF, like a fullsize Uzi for example.

Also, I wonder if the thinner weight on top of the new versions has to do with going to an aluminum receiver, which I assume has thicker walls than the steel version.
The goal was slow as possible. Grease gun slow.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter