Late M10/45 dual mag catch won’t lock GI mags

Slowmo

I recently installed a Lage dual-mag catch for the M10/45, and it won’t latch on unmodified GI M3 mags. I know MACs aren’t known for their tight tolerances, but is there anything I should try before taking a file to the mag catch?

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
With the bolt in the forward position try putting several empty magazines into the well and see if they latch. The distance from the catch to the bottom of the bolt should be the same or slightly greater as the distance from the mag catch edge to the top of the feed lips. This test will tell you.

If they don't then file on the catch. Try to see how far the catch is from the magazine catch edge. It should be very little.

Juggar

My 10/45 was dropping unmodified mags onto the ground while shooting with the dual mag catch. It would latch but I guess it wasn't a good purchase. Turns out the spring the Lage kit came with was shorter than the one that came with the gun. Im guessing these are not really a one size fits all and some filing or spring replacement may be needed.

Slowmo

My 10/45 was dropping unmodified mags onto the ground while shooting with the dual mag catch. It would latch but I guess it wasn't a good purchase. Turns out the spring the Lage kit came with was shorter than the one that came with the gun. Im guessing these are not really a one size fits all and some filing or spring replacement may be needed.
Yeah, you almost have to expect a little fitting here and there with MACs. They are like snowflakes. No two are exactly alike, and each is “special” in its own way.

Poacher

I got my dual catch from either FTF or Lage. The unmodded mags wouldn’t lock in for me either, but just 2 swipes with the file on my Leatherman fixed it.

Erehton

I have the FTF one from 10+ years ago, never had a GI mag issue with my PS MAC. I honestly don't remember filing mine but I will look and see if perhaps I did.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I had to file the crap out of one to get it to fit my JAWS m10/45, not a dual catch, but hey file away they are cheap. Just remember to file and fit, file and fit. Little at a time.

dwkennedy

Usually the rule is to file on the cheap (or easily replaceable) part. I'll admit I filed my original M10/45 mag catch to work with M3 greasegun mags. In my defense I bought it at an auction w/o a single original mag and I have quite a few of the keepshooting magazines that work great.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I had to file the crap out of one to get it to fit my JAWS m10/45, not a dual catch, but hey file away they are cheap. Just remember to file and fit, file and fit. Little at a time.
Go figure. Of all the the things that have required fitting for my early JAWS Avenger, the mag dual mag catch was not one of them; aligned perfectly. I simply needed to craft a slightly longer catch spring.

boomer535

I had to hand fit the dual magazine catches on both my JAWS guns I got as stripped receivers. Had to fit the fire control group parts too. The Lage dual catch was drop in on my 1973 made PS M10/45.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter