Lower egging prevention

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
There has been several threads on this, and my Delrin pin has been mentioned before. Kickstand and myself have used these for a few years and have shot thousands of rounds with them. While I don’t plan to make them for sale, I would encourage others to make them. I simply turned down 1/2 Delrin rods to the same dimension as the oem pins (I actually made them a little larger and fitted them to my upper and lower). I maintained thr oem steel spring clip with the Delrin pin.

Equally and possibly more important, I shim my uppers to fit my lowers. There are many methods to do this, but I have found that using furnace tape (multiple layers) until I have a tight fit, has worked very well. I wrap the tape around the top edge of the back of the receiver where the upper slides in (see pic).

Last edited:

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
The one you sent me is a perfect fit in my M11 and M11/9, I really appreciate you giving me one.
I think you actually sent me one that went to the moon thanks to the USPS.

I also hope someone will bring these to market and there’s likely better material out there than Delrin but it’s works great.

Deerhurst

Crap! Totally got sidetracked on making some for somebody!

Delrin is easy to work with and decently wear resistant. Pins need something hard but softer than the steel.

Galil#1

Reinforcement tabs for the MAC family, i.e. 10/9mm.
The UZI SMG full size grips have that inside extra metal reinforcement tab around the takedown pin. Rather have these vs. some plastic for such a key pin/structural area etc. IMHO. - Not against plastics an such, Glocks rock right?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Nobody mentions the sear/selector pin but it takes a beating too each time the bolt lands on the sear.

Do this test, with the gun unloaded pull and release the trigger with the bolt closed; notice the sear pin or selector on the other side move as you pull and release the trigger repeatedly?

Galil#1

^^^^^^^ Yes Exactly always some movement on MAC and UZI I noticed and do push back on. OCD?

SecondAmend

Anybody know what Battlefield Vegas does? I've read that on their M16s, they have "anti-rotation" pin braces on the hammer, trigger, and sear pins to prevent the receiver from degrading due to damage and wear.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I don't have a lathe, but if any of you fine gentlemen happen to produce several Delrin take down pins, I will happily purchase several. I have a very early JAWS Avenger that lack tabs ( all original Hatton/JAWS lowers did not have tabs). Delrin is the engineer's plastic!

Deerhurst

I'm an engineer. I kinda hate delrin. It's has its uses and is pretty slick. I really like hylarZ but it is a nylon and therefore fairly soft. Extremely wear resistant. I dislike the smell of delrin when machining on it. Smells like glycol.

I'm doing a bunch around my house right now but if I have a chance and some delrin in the chowder box I'll turn a few. Just got some tooling in I want to play with too!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter